Everyone was perplexed as to why I agreed to get married

Truthfully, if it had simply been for companionship, I had already planned on getting a divorce six months into the marriage. However, my cousins showed me a picture of the girl during my mehendi ceremony, and when I saw Rose's face, every tense muscle in my body relaxed.

She looked like an angel in that picture. Initially, I contemplated reaching out to her to inquire if she had truly agreed or if she was being coerced. But I abandoned the idea because I am certain that if she found out she was marrying me, she would never marry in her lifetime.

If I wanted to apologize to her and resolve the misunderstandings, I would have to push her to go through with the marriage because I cannot bear the burden of hurting someone who means more to me than my entire existence.

Since childhood, I have always struggled to express my emotions, and no one except my family has made an effort to understand me. After some failed attempts, I had lost hope of finding someone. But then I met her

I found solace in her understanding of my emotions; she was my complete fulfillment in every sense.

My sanity relied solely on her presence in my life, and it all began when we crossed paths at the college freshers

Flashback {7 years back}

I can't believe it's already been a year since I joined this college, and today is the fresher's party. Although I have no interest in attending, my best friend Raghav wants to go, so I am accompanying him.

Raghav has always been by my side since we were kids, so I am willing to do anything for his happiness. We support each other in both the ridiculous and sensible things, and I would even stand up against the world for his sake.

After a while, we finally arrived at the hall where the event is taking place. I decided to wear a grey suit with a navy blue turtleneck

Upon our arrival at the venue, all the freshmen had already arrived and a dance performance was about to commence

As I glanced towards the stage, I noticed several girls standing there. Suddenly, the lights went off and a spotlight illuminated the stage, leaving me with no choice but to watch the dance.