Two hours later the two hedgehogs went outside and oddly enough, Sonic managed to convince the dark lifeform to join him in the shallow part of the water, since he got playful mood and wanted to have some fun with his companion. Shadow rolled his eyes and first resisted, but seeing Sonic's big puppy eyes he resignated and finally agreed to go play with him by the shore.
"Yay! Haha, I knew you couldn't resist!" Sonic exclaimed and splashed some water at Shadow, just now noticing, that the dark lifeform still wore the sea shell bracelet Sonic made for him all the days prior. Shadow's hands were currently gloveless, as the hybrid kept only his inhibitor rings on along with the bracelet from Sonic. However, he refused to take off his boots and Sonic let him keep them on. Shadow stood there in the center of the shore with water now dripping down from his quills, which were now pointed downwards due to them soaking wet with the ocean water.
"Oh, you shall pay for this!" he playfully threatened and smirking he splashed Sonic with the water as well before the two began wrestling and pushing each other.

Sonic laughed happily and tried to avoid getting splashed while also doing the same to Shadow at the same time, Shadow mirrored his actions and thus they were both still equal in their playful battle.
"I'll end you!" Sonic exclaimed and performed a tackle attack, but Shadow jumped out of the way before tackling Sonic from the side and causing them both land in the shallow water of the ocean on the beach shore. Sonic turned on his back and stared up at the ebony lifeform, who hovered above him while gripping Sonic's wrists and keeping them down by the sides of Sonic's head.
"Gotcha~" Shadow smirked victoriously and licked his lips before leaning in to press their lips together, but he got harshly paused by Sonic suddenly slipping from underneath him, the blue hedgehog using a trick to free himself from the other's grip he now stood right behind the ebony male.
"Are you sure about that~?" Sonic grinned at him and then started running, when Shadow promptly got up and turned around to face him, as he started chasing him right after.
"COME BACK HERE!!" the hybrid yelled out, chasing Sonic all around the beach with the speedster laughing like crazy.
"WHY!? SHADZY DIDN'T GET HIS LITTLE SWEET KISS~?"
"GRRRR! I'LL GET YOU FOR THAT!"
The two males kept yelling at each other while they ran across the area, unaware of a pair of dangerous eyes watching them from distance.

Eventually, Shadow indeed managed to trap Sonic underneath him once again, this time fully sitting on the blue hedgehog's stomach he panted along with his companion, who blushed darkly while being held down to the soft sand beneath his body.
"I.. huff... told you.. huff huff..." Shadow smirked down at Sonic.
"Fine... huff huff... you won this... huff... time," Sonic let him have a grip of this victory and of course the prize itself, parting his lips he braced himself for what was to come and damn, he completely melted when he felt the hybrid's delicate tan lips surround his own, closing his eyes he hummed to the kiss and felt Shadow tilting his head in one direction, so Sonic did the same in the opposite direction to help deepen this amazing kiss. His wrists were still held by the other's hands, so he couldn't really move them at all and everything fully depended on the dominant dark male.

Shadow enjoyed being the seme of the pair, despite the love straight resonating throughout his entire being he was still pretty much unsure, if it was the right thing to do. If it was right thing to be with this hedgehog. Like, in a relationship, fully. He was still afraid to get THAT attached to him, not wanting to lose him, like he lost her. But at the same time, the blue hedgehog was harder to resist for him, with each passing second he spent with him. And especially after what all Sonic did for him. He eventually broke the kiss and panting again he looked deeply into the other's eyes, just now noticing, that the sky was slowly getting dark and first raindrops landed on both their bodies.
"Aw man...," Sonic groaned as he squinted one eye due to a raindrop landing on it. Shadow didn't say anything, as he just got off of Sonic and even helped him up onto his feet, brushing himself clean from the sand particles he then went to pick up his gloves and put them on before heading to his cave. Seems like the day was over for them. However, there was one little problem in shape of the blue hedgehog, who followed him like a lost puppy, literally even with a sad expression on his face.

Shadow paused in front of his cave entrance and turned around to face the other, who looked at him in pleading manner.
"What!" Shadow hissed out of irritation, not feeling well enough to keep socializing with his companion.
"Shads.. c-could I maybe stay with you?" Sonic asked him carefully while pinning his ears down and holding his arm with his hand, most likely it being his subconscious way how to comfort himself.
"No!" Shadow said firmly and opened the wooden door of his cave, ready to enter it and swiftly slam the door close, but Sonic grabbed him by his wrist and yanked him a little towards himself.
"Shadow, please! The villagers apparently hate me, because of the blackout my explosion caused.. I can't show up in there," he refused to simply leave. He felt safe with the ebony hedgehog. Shadow snatched his wrist free from Sonic's grip and growled at him in a warning manner.
"I said no! Besides, I took the blame on myself, so they should leave you alone!" he hissed while now crossing his arms. The two could hear a thunder in far distance, this night was going to be stormy.
"How can I be sure, that they believe you?" Sonic raised an eyebrow.
"Only one way to find out," Shadow replied before entering the cave and closing the door gently, leaving the other male completely dumbfounded there with no care of what will happen next. Sonic stared at the door with tears in his eyes, then sadly sighed and wiped the tears away in hasty motion.
"It was fun today, Shads. I'll see ya later then... good night," he spoke to the wooden door before running away, back towards the village.

"Stupid hedgehog... but okay, I guess I have to respect his boundaries," he spoke to himself on the way and once arriving to the village, which was always a home to him, he cautiously looked around while walking slowly through. His body tensed up and his quills bristled a little, as he got ready to defend himself if necessary. He felt like he did not belong here at all, but to Shadow's cave.
"If it isn't Sonic!" the same male rat from before suddenly spoke up, causing Sonic flinch and quickly face him.
"W-Wait, I can explain! I am not here to cause problems, promise!" Sonic quickly lifted his hands up in defensive gesture and shook them to express, how harmless he was.
"Wasn't I clear enough earlier? You should be casted out! Don't you dare try to fool me, hedgehog, I know very well, that it was YOU, who caused the blackout! You're immature and always let the emotions control you, you're dangerous for us all!" the rat criticized the hero, causing a few other villagers approach them and form a circle around the two. Which made Sonic feel anxious and he sharpened his quills while clenching his fists and gritting his teeth, the rat really getting under his skin easily now.
"Be careful, he might bite!" another mobian exclaimed with a smug grin on his face and the entire commotion finally attracted an attention of Sticks, who was rummaging through some leftovers, that the villagers left behind themselves.
"Hey! Leave him alone!" she pushed her way through the crowd and stood next to her friend.
"Haha, another wild animal to the team, how about we lock them up instead?" another villager suggested while mocking the two heroes.
"ENOUGH! I told you, I am NOT here to cause any problem! The blackout happened because.. because I was desperate, okay? And I am truly sorry about it! But you aren't any better, if you keep treating me like trash!" Sonic snapped, having enough of these dumb people.
"Aww, poor you, desperate! Imagine if I get desperate and set up a bomb in the village because of it and then BOOM! Putting people to danger, just because I got a little tantrum!" the rat was clearly fully against the hero, disliking him with every fibre of his being.

"That's different, guys! This kind of explosion only caused blackout and nobody was harmed at all!" Sticks stood by Sonic bravely, her heart beated fast in her chest.
"Hmpf, doesn't matter, badger! I suggest you both to leave the village, now!" the rat growled at them and pointed out of the village, not caring what happens to the two during the incoming storm.
"You can't kick us out of our own home!" Sonic snarled at the villagers, at the rat especially.
"Oh, you would be surprised, what all we can do, hedgehog! Now move it, before I make you!" the rat replied hatefully and thrusted out his sharp claws, threatening to use them against the hero if necessary.
"Come on, Sonic, you can stay with me," Sticks said quietly and grabbed Sonic's arm in gentle manner, tugging on it she tried to convince him to let it be and just leave. But Sonic refused to simply comply as he leaned forward and Sticks had to hold him back from attacking the villagers.
"You're even worse monsters than either me or Shadow will ever be! Remember that!" Sonic spat out just as hatefully before finally resignating as he sped off towards the jungle with Sticks following right behind. With their departure, the rain started straight pouring due to the storm now approaching the village, thus everyone promptly ran to hide in their shacks and houses and get rather ready to sleep the night off.