"Khalil says stop being childish." She said.

"Fuck Khalil. Tell him that." I rolled my eyes and she turned back to him.

"Yari said she loves you." She told him and my jaw dropped out of disbelief.

"Tell her I love her too."

Yuck.

"Kha says he loves you." She turned to me again.

"I wouldn't love him if he was the last person on this earth." I said, taking the top off of my marker of choice.

"Y'all are stressing me out. I'm going somewhere else." Layla stood up.

Me and Khalil each took one of her arms and pulled her back down to her seat.

"I feel like the only child and y'all are the parents who are in the mist of a divorce." She frowned.

"Whatever the fuck y'all mad about can't even be that bad. Y'all get over everything else." She continued.

"Mmm. Ion think so Lay." I said truthfully.

"It wasn't my fault." Khalil said.

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well it was. But ian know." He said.

"Knew what?" Layla asked.

"Nothing." I sighed and turned my attention back to my class work.

"I've had enough. And everybody else had enough too. Y'all energy is making things weird. What happened?" She looked in between us. Neither one of us responded. "We gon get to the bottom of this. At lunch we going to therapy."

"Therapy?" I asked.

"Mhm." She nodded. "Just wait."

I shook my head and looked at Khalil who was already looking at me. I stuck up my middle finger and he did the same. I don't know why he saying fuck me for when it should be the other way around.

After that, we didn't say anything else to each other. We just did our work and I talked to Layla mostly.

Eventually lunch came and I was sitting at the table with everybody else.

"You don't have anything better than I do." Chyna said to Malachi.

"Bitch my whole existence is better than you." He said to her.

"Not really. You don't have more money than me, my car is better than yours, my house is bigger than yours. I'm smarter than you, I got more designer shoes than you." She went on.

"You got everything but a damn brain huh?" Khalil asked.

"If you don't shut yo muthafucking ass up." Chyna replied.

"Got allat but still miserable." Malachi laughed.

"Leave her alone." Layla said.

"Shut up." Malachi said and I heard a slap so I assumed he hit her.

"I will rock your world in this lunch room." She told him.