Chapter 66: Into the Deep

Start from the beginning

Zoro with a hand already on his sword spoke. "I could beat him right away!"

"Tsk Tsk Tsk," I shake my head at the swordsman.

"You don't listen, do ya Greenie? Think about it. Luffy didn't say he wanted to kill it did he?"

His face changed from one of contemplation to realization.

"That's right. He wants to tame it. Can't do that if it's dead now can ya?"

"Yeah, you can't cut him!" Luffy agreed. "I want the octopus as a pet."

As we were closing the distance, the kraken didn't wait to attack. The only problem was that we weren't the targets. It focused on the ship.

The others who were still on board were showing off their new improvements with Franky starting off with his display of shoulder rockets. Chopper then showed just how large and fluffy he could be by protecting the ship from getting slapped with a tendril. Lastly, Robin had increased the size of the hands that she could create with her devil fruit, saving the ship from crashing into the underwater mountain.

"They did great." Luffy comments. "Alright, it's my turn! Here is the new technique. Third Gear!"

His body inflated with arm as he stretched his right arm far outside his bubble. He then redirected the air into the fist. "Armament: Hardening!" His fist turned black with the activation of haki. I was impressed with it as he was in direct contact with the sea.

"I feel weak because of the sea!" He gritted his teeth through the additional effort.

The kraken decided to set his sights on Lu as he was powering up.

"Damn that octopus! Is it trying to stop him?" Sanji grunted with a cigarette in his mouth. Wouldn't that suffocate him in his bubble? "Blue Walk!" He zoomed off towards the incoming tenacol,leaving his bubble in the process. "Diable Jambe!" He spun, his foot lighting ablaze. "Bien Cuit Grill Shoot!" He called, kicking the tentril away. It looked like fried kamiari when he was done. I guess that's exactly what it was.

The blonde turned around to start running back to his bubble for a breath of air.

Angry from the earlier attack, the kraken swung an uninjured tentacle at his retreating figure.

"Three-Sword Style: Crossing the Six Paths!" Zoro sprung into action. Not only was half the tentacle severed from its body, but it was also chopped into sliced pieces length wise. "The demon that rules the realm of water...so weak!" He states as he watches on. "I'm still gonna get stronger." He declared before glancing back at me.

"He shouldn't have done it!" Sanji quipped, irritated.

"Did you say something, No. 7?"

"I'll kill you!"

"Bring it on!"

I shook my head while stifling a laugh.

"Hey hey, Zoro! Sanji! You can't cut his arms!" Luffy called out to the arguing pair. "Gum-Gum Elephant Gun!"

And lights out. Luffy 1 Kraken 0.

I clap. "Nice, Lu. You've gotten a lot stronger." I praise. What was really impressive was the fact he did it touching the sea.

As the kraken started to float down a shark dislodged itself from behind trapped within it.

"A shark?"

"Isn't that shark wearing something?" Zoro mentions.

I could see that it was wearing a red shirt as it swam in our direction. Stopping just short of us, it lowered and raised its head a couple of times.