Chapter 7: Family

***Amaya's POV*** 

A few seasons had passed and now it was winter. Life was rather normal. I would join the boys for sparring everyday. Then later when they went hunting I would start to build my aircraft. I have finally started on the full size version, but it will take me a while to finish it.

In other news I started to learn swordplay. I'd found a broke sword handle with half a blade one day in Gray Terminal while I was searching for building materials.

I'd realized that I've never really used a weapon, but I wanted more options in the future. I would encounter lots of people on my travels, and most of them had weapons. An added bonus would be sparring with Zoro one day. Who knows maybe we could become sparring partners if I'm hanging out with Luffy's crew.

I was working on the frame of the aircraft while singing, when they returned back to the base with dinner. Luffy complained that his first kill was stolen by the huge tiger of the forest.

I tried my best to comfort him, so I said that I would make dinner. He always enjoyed the spices I added to it for extra flavor. Even after distracting him with food, he was mad at the stupid tiger as he put it.

Sabo told me about Luffy almost falling off the rope bridge, and how he and Ace had to save him. Luffy grinned at the story while Ace just called him stupid.

After food, we all headed to bed since the boys had had a rough day. Our beds were placed on the floor that created a plus sign. All of our heads were together in the middle as our legs formed the arms of the plus.

The boys stretched as I laid down on my bed pad. Luffy laid down and started to laugh after pulling his blanket over his face. After a minute, he moved the blanket and spoke.

"I've decided. Ace! Sabo! Ama! You guys gotta come aboard my ship! Okay? Say yes!"

"That's so sudden." Sabo comments.

"We decided to leave it to the future." Ace reminds them.

"What brought this on, Luffy?" I asked, curious about why it popped in his head.

"I was thinking about how great it was earlier today with Ace and Sabo! It would be an adventure everyday! And it was fun to tell you about it when we got back! Your food is also yummy!"

"I gotta agree with Luffy there. It has improved quite a bit since we met." Sabo complimented.

"It's not half bad." Ace added in looking away.

I blushed at the compliments. Cooking had been something I was wanting to improve. I could bake great after learning Miss Pestal, but I've been having to experiment with actual cooking.

"T-thanks." I said quietly.

"But wouldn't it be fun all together!?" Luffy went back to his topic. "You'll need my help right?"

"Don't you mean that you'll need our help?" Sabo mentions.

"No! I'll help you guys!" Luffy protests.

"You guys are welcome to come aboard my ship." Ace says, rolling onto his stomach to look at the rest of us.

"'No, mine!'" Both Sabo and Luffy yell.

"Then, this is not gonna work. Huh, Amaya?"

I laughed at them. "You're not wrong. You all want to lead."

"Then how about this! Whoever beats the tiger get's to be captain!"

I sighed, as I just remembered this part of the story. I laid back down and got under my blanket.