Chapter 22: City of Gold

***Amaya's POV***

I've been waiting for what feels like forever. When we returned to the ship, it was missing its mast and sail. Poor Chopper was claiming nothing scary happened while tears and snot streamed down his face.

Soon after that Luffy, Sanji, and Usopp arrived on an odd looking boat, but at least they made it. Luffy was of course happy to have found us, Sanji was overzealous to have returned to the ladies, and Usopp looked glad to be alive. So their typical selfs all in all.

Afterwards, we made camp in the woods and caught up on all the information that everyone had gathered. Luffy and the others beat a priest named Satori. Chopper and Gan Fall the Sky Knight fought another priest named Shura who used a burning spear as a weapon and set most of the ship on fire. Nami then told them that this was the other half of Jaya and that the city of gold should be here.

Following that there was a party with delicious food made by Sanji that lasted into the night until a pack of wolves came over to complain. Luffy beat one up, which quickly changed their minds. They then joined in the weird dancing that Luffy started. Go figure.

During the night at some point, Usopp ran into the camp, screaming about seeing a ghost on the Going Merry. I lightly chuckled to myself about him freaking out about the spirit of his precious ship before rolling back over to fall asleep.

Now it was finally morning. This should be the day that everything goes down. I woke up and started to stretch, so that I'll be prepared come time. After stretching, I pulled out my sword from my waist band, and started to go through different stances and swings to further loosen up. Everyone started to wake up as I practiced before we all returned to the Going Merry.

"See! I told you someone was here!" Usopp claimed, seeing that the Going Merry was mostly fixed and back to her original design instead of that of a chicken. "I saw it! It wasn't a dream after all!" He finished while starting to cry.

The mast was completely snapped off, but now it's all fixed!" Nami states with a smile on her face and a hand on the mast.

They then started to speculate who could be around that would be willing to fix their ship. Not only that but who even knew the original design. Throughout the conversation Chopper was swinging back and forth on a rope before letting go and landing on Zoro's face. I laughed at the scene and Zoro's expression that accompanied it.

They kept talking about different things, so I decided to take my turn to swing on the rope. Chi was clinging on to me as we started to go back and forth. My hands eventually had enough of it, so I let go. I didn't look to see where I was going to land until I landed in Zoro's arms. Chi had jumped and landed on his head as well.

"Really?" He questioned the two of us, muffled since Chi's tail was covering his mouth slightly. She moved to sit on the top of his head, while I gave a smile.

"Sorry, but Chopper looked like he had fun. Nice catch." I get down from his arms and Chi retakes her place on my shoulder.

Usopp and Chopper then go to the small boat that they borrowed from Conis to attempt to move the ship off the altar. Usopp used his specially made belt to attack to the figurehead of the ship before trying to pull the ship with their small boat in the water. The small boat then snapped into several pieces.

Usopp's second plan was to use the power of the many skysharks in the water to move the Going Merry. He even tricked Chopper into being live bait, which freaked him out once he realized what was going on.

Once a skyshark made its appearance, Sanji hooked it to the ship using a long rope with a spear-like end. Usopp and Chopper then lured the creature into pulling the ship into the water below.