Chapter 16: Find It Fast!

***Amaya's POV***

As we were walking we could hear the sounds of battle raging closer to us. The rebel and royal army had both started to engage one another. We made our way to the palace, hoping to meet up with the others.

We ran into Nami who was also making her way to the palace, holding her clima rod that looked slightly busted.

"Nami! Glad you're safe." I told her to get her attention.

"Amaya! Zoro! What happened to him?" She asks, looking at all of Zoro's injuries.

"He leveled up." I explain, causing Zoro to just smirk in satisfaction.

Still looking confused, Nami spoke. "Let's head to the palace." She started to lead the way, followed by me who was still holding Zoro's wrist.

When we arrived we saw the other strawhats already present. Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, and the camel Eyelash. Vivi then saw and greeted us! "Nami! Swordsman! Amaya!"

Nami's first action was to bash Usopp over the head with her staff. "You idiot! Who asked you to create a prop for parties?!"

Zoro and I nodded our heads in acknowledgement to Vivi, but then our attention was caught on the two figures standing in front of the group. Luffy had returned.

He was clearly beaten up from the dried blood and bruises that cakes parts of his body, but he looked ready to fight Crocodile who was standing in front of him on top of the castle landing.

Crocodile seemed surprised that Luffy was even present since he asks how he escaped the sand with his injuries.

"Vivi what's going on? What's with all the dust?" Nami questioned.

Now that she mentioned it there was indeed dust everywhere, making it difficult to see far ahead.

"Sorry, guys." Luffy starts to speak with his arms stretched out in front of him on the castle ledge. "I lost against him once. So I won't lose again! I leave the rest to you.

"Go already," Zoro says nonchalantly, trying to hide his happiness.

Sanji smirked with a courgette in his mouth.

"If you can't win, who can!" Usopp called to his captain.

"I'm gonna put an end to all this!" Luffy declared, firing up his crew before flinging himself towards Crocodile.

"Everyone," Vivi starts to cry. "I still have this many friends."

After that, Vivi filled us in on everything that she learned about Crocidle's plan.

"What?! A cannonball will be shot into the Square in ten minutes?!" Usopp screamed.

"That's right. The attack is scheduled at 4:30. Once it's shot, no one within a 5km diameter will survive." Vivi explained.

"Both the Royal Army and the Rebel Army will be completely destroyed!" Chopper said.

"That croc," I said lowly.

"Wh-wh are we gonna do?" Usopp questioned.

"Find the cannoneer. We'll stop the attack." Zoro states.

"Stop the attack? How do we find them?"

"In ten minutes?!" Nami asks.

"I'm going ahead." I state before running off in a direction. My goal was to find the center of the chaos then look for high ground.

"W-wait!" Nami calls out to me.

"There's no time!" I shout back, running into the dust. The thing I remember about the cannon from my past was something about a clock tower and I think there was also a fake cannon somewhere that the others will eventually find.