Draw with us! ☆

• There may be spelling errors and grammar mistakes

This is actually based off a request I made on another book! I wanted to add on to it, so, credit to;

devimega_

Pookie wookie 🤫🧏‍♂️

Thank you for reading 💛

¤•°× -   ☆   - ×°•¤

"Oh, here's some coloring stuff in this box. How about that, does that sound fun?" You asked, looking down at your little brother. He was peeking into the box, his hands holding onto a wall of the art supplies box.

"Yeah! I wanna!-" James was quick to try and rush into the activity. He leaned down, his hands ready to grab onto the sharpies especially. Kids and sharpies...

You grimaced at the thought, grabbing James beneath his armpits and lifting him away from the art supplies. "Here, you sit here at the table and think about what you want to draw! I'll bring you paper, crayons, anything you'll need. Okay?" James nodded, smiling as you sat him in a chair and turned back around to go and retrieve the things you'd need.

You returned with all sorts of papers. Tracing papers, water color papers, many. Along with crayons, colored pencils, and markers. At least if James drew on himself with those it'd be easily removable.

"So, what're you gonna draw, sweetie?" You asked, watching as James immediately went for the packet of markers. Now, you just had to be on lookout for him trying to eat it...

"I'm trying to draw bubblegum-"

"No, no- James, his name is Kinito! Remember? Kin-i-to." You sounded out the name, sighing as James seemingly ignored you.

Kinito apparently appeared as a bubblegum ball to James, but sadly you could not break your little sibling from the habit of calling the axolotl a gumball.

"Yeah, uh- Hun, calling Kinito a gumball isn't nice-"

"No, it's okay.." you turned your head, hearing the sigh behind you.

"Perhaps it's not now, but eventually he'll figure out I'm not a food item." Kinito rolled his eyes and wandered over to the dining table. Snorting, you had other ideas about that. You had the feeling James wouldn't let that go for a long, long time..

"And what is it you guys are doing here?"

Kinito's hand appeared from thin air, carefully picking up the paper you had been doodling on. With both hands on the thin paper, he took in the cute little scribbles and funny symbols you drew.

"We're drawing, James got bored and wanted to do something other than look for the pet.." Kinito hummed a bit awkwardly at the mention of the pet.

He messed up and your pet kinda...ascended into the sky and never returned. It scared you both and naturally you agreed to just say the poor animal ran away.

"Well.." Placing your paper back in front of you, Kinito glanced over to James who continued happily drawing the 'Gumball'.

"That's nice. I hope you both enjoy drawing together.."

You rose a brow, watching as as the axolotl walked away, his stick man legs taking him to the couch. He sat down, taking a book from the coffee table. Writing or reading, not known. But it was easy to tell he didn't seem to really want to do that.

"You okay over there? You seem kinda sad." James looked away from his drawing, turning around in the chair to look at Kinito as you were.

"Huh- of course I am! I suppose I just.." Kinito lowered the book in his grasp, his eyes looked down at the blank pages waiting to be filled with his writing. "You just...?"

"I'd like to draw with you.."

"You can draw with us! Bubblegum can draw with us, right?" James stood in his chair, his hands on the table as he leaned in your direction. You smiled at how sweet your little brother could be.

"Of course he can! Just roll on over, gumball boy.."

"You're not funny."