"I know. I think the hug worked. You never hug me" Matt admitted, snuggling deeper into the hug. He was actually enjoying it, normally it was hands-off while he was half breathing but this time was different. 

-- 

So apparently hugs were the secret weapon when it came to Matt's anxiety. But you had to hug him right, not some half-ass awkward first-time meeting kinda hug. More the 'cacoon me bitch' hug. The author should make a hug guide. 

So as the tour ramped up and the shows became more everything was just exploding and everything was becoming the last straw to Matt. Including the fucking last straw.

"Matt, stop panicking! It is just the last straw, go buy more" Chris tried to calm down his brother who was at the pre-crying stage. "Nick, come give Matt a hug or something while I go use this straw to feed this fish water" Chris then called out.

Nick walked into the main room of the tour bus. He was holding a mug saying 'Best mum ever' which was a gift from a fan, he was wearing his uggs and his sleeping robe. Real mother look. He put his mug down on the table. 

"Chris. What the actual fuck. Matt, sweetie. Come here" Nick waved Matt over and hugged him, calming him down immediately. It was like magic. Normally this would take a good five minutes and if it was Chris's fault, like ten.

Once Matt was Matt again, he turned to Chris, "Why do you want to feed fish water through a straw? Isn't that like, animal abuse?" 

Chris shrugged, "I'm going to go do a science experiment on a fish, be right back" 

Matt and Nick made eye contact and laughed. 

--

That was the start of the clinginess. 

Something in Matt's brain clicked. 

A hug from Nick made everything better. 

-- 

"I need someone to come help me set up the Jenga, the dude who normally does it is on his honeymoon" Nick announced, walking into the room backstage. 

On normal occasions, Matt and Chris groan and then complain about how setting up Jenga is like teaching a rock to dive off a diving board. Even though both are pretty easy to do. 

But this wasn't a normal occasion. 

"I'll come" Matt offered. Chris looked over to Matt, quite hurt by the fact Matt was going to leave him alone. 

"So you're just going to leave me alone like this? What if I die?" Chris questioned. 

Nick shot his eyes to Chris and mouthed 'the fuck dude'. 

"So you die. Whatever. Can we go now?" Matt interrupted. 

"K, let's go"

--

Wherever Nick was, Matt was. On stage, if Nick was on the other side of it, Matt would feel unsettled and try to make his way over to the other side. 

Maybe it was the presence of Nick that made Matt's crippling anxiety shut the fuck up. Or maybe it was the thought of getting a bear hug from his older brother.

Whatever it was, it was unhealthy. Matt was physically unable to go more than five minutes without Nick. Chris noticed but to be honest? Did he care? Nop. He was having the time of his life on this tour. But as much as the tour is fun and he was enjoying riding solo. He wanted to be with his brothers as well. 

-- 

Matt
Nick, where r u? 
Nickkkkk
Dude tf where are you

"Chris I think Nick is missing" Matt called out after the show. He was trying to find his brother so they could go to the tour bus all together.