22

I ran after Ray, knife in hand. He dodged around my furniture and I chased him around my loft for about five minutes minutes. He sprinted towards the stairs then tripped after the second step.

"MONROE LET ME EXPLAIN!" He yelled as he turned around, holding a hand up trying to block me. I rose my knife above my head.

"WHAT!?"
"LISTEN PLEASE!" We both paused, trying to catch our breath.

Suddenly Ray started to laugh and lay back on the stairs. I put my arm down, still gripping the knife.
"What?" I asked.
"You're crazy!" Ray sat up and rested his elbows on his knees as he continued to laugh.

"Was that a girl on the phone?" I asked, tightening my grip on the knife.
"Baby, what did you hear?"
"You telling some girl that you're at my house and you don't really like me! Then you said you love her!" I felt a tear rolling down my face. I really trusted Ray. He stood up and hugged me.

"Don't cry! You're gonna make me cry!" He grabbed the knife from my hand then sat it down on my kitchen counter.

"Babe," he spoke softly, "come here."
"No! Tell me who that was!"
"My nanny raised me, but I was also close to my mom's friend. That was her on the phone."
"So you're with her?!"

"Baby no!" He walked over to my couch, pulling me on his lap as he sat down. "You heard the wrong part of the conversation. She's always wanted me to be with her daughter, and her daughter has a huge crush on me. I was telling her about you, and that I was at your house. Then she asked me if I would give her daughter a chance and I said 'no I don't even like her like that'. I wasn't talking about you baby girl ."

"Why didn't you tell me?!"
"I tried!" Ray laughed and gazed into my eyes, "you're crazy, but I still love you."

"Ray I was just that mad because," I noticed he was smiling and staring at me deeply. This guy's really crazy for me. I've never felt wanted like this before.
"Because?" He toyed.
"I was just gonna tell you that I really like you, and I guess I want you to be my boyfriend." Ray gasped loudly.

"REALLY!?"
"Yes you-" Ray smashed a hard kiss onto my lips and laid me back on the couch, him laying between my legs. I was unable to do anything but kiss him. Suddenly I felt his hands reach under my hoodie and squeeze my nipples. I moaned making him kiss me harder, tongue exploring my mouth. He pulled my hoodie off of me and stared at my bra.

"Can I take it off?" He asked.
"Go ahead," I agreed. He smiled and snapped off my bra. Staring and my bare breasts in awe. He looked for what felt like forever then slowly lowered his head to my right nipple.

He brought it into his mouth and began to bite and lick slowly. I moaned into his ear as he switched to my other breast. I felt his hand reach through my sweatpants into my panties.
"Ray stop," I moaned as he teased my wet slit with his fingers.

"So 'stop' means 'go' right?" He asked as he looked into my eyes. I laughed and kissed him, our tongues dancing with each other.

He slipped his finger into my hole and thrusted it in and out. I moaned into his mouth as I felt him hardening. I reached down and grabbed his bulge.
"Please?" He whispered in my ear. I unzipped his pants and pulled his manhood out, stroking his shaft up and down.

His breathing got heavier as he laid on my shoulder kissing me and continued to finger me.

KNOCK
KNOCK
KNOCK

Ray growled and looked at me with anger.
"Who the fuck is that?!" He asked
"I don't know!"

KNOCK
KNOCK
KNOCK

"NOBODY'S HOME!" Ray yelled.

"Oh shit!! She's in there with Raheem!" Ash yelled from behind the door.

I sighed and sat up. Ray stood up and walked away into the the bathroom, trying to fix himself.
I angrily walked to the door and opened it. Ash, Jess, and Tina were outside of my door smiling.

"We haven't heard from you in so long we thought something was wrong!" Tina explained as they all walked in. I closed the door behind them and sighed.
"I'm fine guys!"

"Soooo where's Raheem?!" Jess toyed. They all sat on the stools at my counter and looked around.
"Raheem Aminiiiiii!" Ash called.
"Stop!" I yelled. Suddenly my phone buzzed.

Denzel: Having a party tonight. You definitely need to come.

Me: idk

Denzel: We need to talk...

Me: about?

Denzel: us!

Me: us and all your hoes?

Denzel: the other day was a big misunderstanding.

Me: explain

Denzel: I'd rather do that in person.

Me: I'll go if I can bring him.

Denzel: who?

"Who are you texting?" Ash yelled.
"None of your business!"

Me: Raheem

Denzel: Don't bring that nigga anywhere near me.

Me: 😒 wow

Denzel: look just come talk. You can leave right after if you want.

Denzel sent me the party information and I sighed. I really don't like him. I'm pretty sure Ray is the one for me.

"Hey ladies." Ray walked over to us waving.
"Hey future brother in law!" Tina yelled.

"Ray can I talk to you in my shoe closet?" I asked.
"Ummm okay!" We both walked over into my closet and I closed the door.

"What's up?" He asked as he stood in front of me smiling.
"I need to go see Denzel tonight."
"WHAT?!" He yelled with pure anger. His voice vibrated the room.
"He said he needs to talk to me."
"SO WHAT?!"
"It could be important."

"Do you want him?" He asked.
"No I'm with you!"
"First of all, I'm not letting you go anywhere alone after that little incident with Meka. It just happened about an hour ago and you're already ready to go meet with some other crazy dude?!"
"Ray..."

"Then you get mad at ME cause you think I'm cheating on you when we weren't even together officially?!"
"Well-"
"Look I can't do this anymore, Monroe!!" I gasped and backed away from him.
"What?" I whispered.

"I've been chasing you, and chasing me you, and chasing you...all you do is run from me."
"But I just said that I want to be with you!" I whined as I blinked back tears.

"Yeah then you wanna go meet with Denzel! For what?!"
"He said he wants to talk!"
"WHY ARE YOU EVEN GIVING HIM A CHANCE!"
"I'm not! I just wanna know what he has to say!" I wiped a tear. Suddenly Ray grabbed my phone from my pocket and unlocked it. He began to scroll through my messages.

"So he wants to talk about your relationship, without me there, and you're cool with that."
"N-No!"
"Then why are you going?"
"I...I don't know."

"Well you can go now...because I'm done with you Monroe." He handed me my phone and walked out of the closet.

"WAIT RAY! I'M SORRY!" I ran behind him as he got closer to the door to leave. He ignored me and tears constantly rolled down my face. My heart was burning.
"RAY!" I yelled as he walked out of my door. He stopped and turned around. "Please don't do this to me," I whispered as I sniffed and wiped my eyes.

He sighed and walked away from me. Leaving me alone, hurt, and feeling foolish.