026- Truth or not

As soon as we landed in Dumbledore's office, my knees gave up and I crumbled to the floor. All the adrenaline from before dissipating from my body, making me feel light-headed.

Dumbledore came up, and sat on the floor beside me. I pulled my knees closer to my chest as everything that happened a few moments ago finally started sinking in.

The Millers weren't my parents. They were working for Voldemort, all this time. Lucius Malfoy wanted to take me with him, where I don't know, but I can assume it won't be anywhere good. They had a daughter... But it wasn't me. Why? What did I do to deserve all this? It wasn't supposed to be like this... I was supposed to help Harry fight Voldemort.... not the other way around.

My life, as it seemed, was over now.

"There, there." Dumbledore patted my back reassuringly. I didn't realise I had started crying, until I felt the warm tears on my face. And then I couldn't stop. I kept sobbing and sobbing, for how long I have no idea. All the while, Dumbledore kept patting me on the back, and sitting with me in silence. He didn't say a word. I think he was just hoping I would stop crying eventually, which I did. After what felt like an eternity, I finally ran out of tears. My eyes were stinging with un-shed tears, and I knew if I looked in the mirror right now, I would find my eyes bloodshot and swollen.

I finally found the courage to ask the question that was in my mind the entire time, "Please, tell me the truth, Professor... Please" I choked back a sob and pleaded, "I need to know what's happening to me..."

"My dear, sometimes we must endure hardships to uncover the strength and courage that lie within us." Dumbledore said sadly, and got up, moving to sit at his desk.

I followed him and sat on the opposite chair, waiting for him to elaborate.

"The Millers... are actually wizards.. death eaters, to be precise. They were fervent supporters of Voldemort's regime during the war. Must be the reason why they were trusted with you."

"But.. why me? Who even am I? And who are my real parents?" I was feeling restless and wanted to get to the end of the story as fast as I could. The feeling was almost like when I read the 'Harry Potter books' for the first time. I was impatient and kept skipping parts of the story just to get to the end. What happened was when I actually reached the end, there were many many plot-holes, and I had to re-read the books again to understand those plots.

"I understand your eagerness, Y/N, but I implore you to be patient." Dumbledore said the words, mirroring my own emotions.

"Your mother...," he trailed off to his own memory for a second, "her name was Amelia. She was a student at Hogwarts, and one of the most powerful witches we've ever had the privilege of teaching. She played an important role in defeating Voldemort, and was an active member of the Order of the Phoenix. And a dear friend of Lily and James Potter."

I swear I saw a shadow pass over Dumbledore's face, as if it pained him to talk about her, but maybe I imagined it. At this point, I don't trust myself to make sense of anything.

"She lived in this castle, walked the same corridors, and sat in the same classrooms as you.." he gave me a sad smile, before continuing, "When Voldemort found out that she had a child, he made sure to take that child away from her, to tear her down... It... It worked... because-"

please tell me she isn't dead.. please... please, please, please.

"-she passed away soon after."

I thought I heard something break inside me. I didn't know you could actually hear your heart break so audibly. My words were lodged in my throat as I opened and closed my mouth several times, searching for the correct words.