012- Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff

"Arresto Momentum!"

The Quartet was sleeping in their sleeping bags in the corner of the Great Hall. The lights were out and there was only faint light coming from the stars.

Harry was having problems sleeping, knowing Sirius Black was roaming the castle as they spoke, was slightly uncomfortable to him. He didn't care about himself but he couldn't let anyone else get hurt because of him, especially his friends and, more specifically– Y/N.

He turned to his side, and saw Y/N sleeping beside him. She was also on her side, and her eyes were closed. Her eyebrows were furrowed, and her face was tensed up. It looked like she was having a bad dream.

Harry gently put his hand on top of hers to calm her down from the bad dream that she was having, and it seemed to have worked.. Her face was now peaceful and the tension had disappeared.

'Was she always this beautiful?' Harry thought.

He slowly closed his eyes and drifted to sleep, with his hand still on top of hers.

*****

The school talked of nothing but Sirius Black for the next few days. The theories about how he had entered the castle became wilder and wilder.

The Fat Lady's ripped canvas had been taken off the wall and replaced with the portrait of Sir Cadogan and his fat gray pony.

Nobody was very happy about this. Sir Cadogan spent half of his time challenging people to duels, and the rest thinking up ridiculously complicated passwords, which he changed at least twice a day.

"He's a complete lunatic!", said Seamus Finnigan angrily, "Can't we get anyone else?"

"None of the other portraits wanted the job.", said Percy, "Frightened of what happened to the Fat Lady. Sir Cadogan was the only one who was brave enough to volunteer."

Sir Cadogan was, however, least of Y/N's worries. She desperately wanted to talk to Sirius again, and this time she wanted to knock some sense in him.

*****

"He'll be here, soon.", Hermione said as she, Y/N and Ron walked to the Defense Against the Dark Arts class.

"The weather is terrible, I can't imagine them playing like this tomorrow!", Y/N said looking out the windows.

"It's easy to slip off your broom when it's raining.", Ron said, as they reached the door. The thought of Harry plummeting from the sky made Y/N's stomach churn. It sounded deadly, but she knew Dumbledore will save him.

"They shouldn't let them play—", Hermione stopped talking when she saw Professor Snape sitting at Professor Lupin's desk.

As the rest of the class walked in, the reactions were varied. The Slytherins seemed pleased that their Head of House was teaching the class, meanwhile the Gryffindors seemed more annoyed and confused.

Y/N sat down beside Hermione, and Ron sat down leaving the spot beside him empty for Harry.

After a while, Snape walked up in front of the class.

"Your Professor", he said with distaste, "has fallen ill today, and is unable to teach—"

There were rushed footsteps heard as the door opened.

"Sorry, I'm late. Professor Lupin, I—", Harry stopped walking and stared up in confusion at Professor Snape.

"The session began ten minutes ago, Potter. So I think we'll make it 10 points from Gryffindor. Sit down."