013- The Heart-to-Heart

Harry could hear the voices whispering, but they made no sense whatsoever. He didn't have a clue where he was, or how he'd gotten there, or what he'd been doing before he got there. All he knew was that every inch of him was aching as though he had been beaten. He could sense that there were people around him and he felt a soft but firm hand on his wrist.

"He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?", asked Ron.

"Peaky? Well, what do you expect?", Fred replied.

"He fell over a 100 feet.", added George, shaking his head at Ron.

"Let's drop you off the Astronomy Tower, see what you look like!", joined Fred.

Harry's eyes snapped open. He was lying in the hospital wing. Ron, Hermione, Y/N, Fred, George, Seamus and Neville were surrounded around him, drenched in rain. Y/N looked at him with worry, letting go of his hand.

 Y/N looked at him with worry, letting go of his hand

"How are you feeling?", she asked.

"Fine. I think.", Harry said wincing as he moved to sit up. "Wh- Wh– What happened?", he questioned in confusion.

"You fell off.", said Fred. "Must've been— what— fifty feet or so?"

"But the match," said Harry, looking at everyone with worry. "What happened? Did we win or are we doing a replay?"

No one said anything.

"No one blames you, Harry.", Hermione uttered reassuringly. "The Dementors aren't supposed to come inside school grounds. Dumbledore was furious. I've never seen him like this."

"We lost?", He asked again, not caring about Hermione's attempt to assure him.

"Diggory caught the snitch.", George said, "Just after you fell. He didn't realise what had happened. When he looked back and saw you on the ground, he tried to call it off. Wanted a rematch. But they won fair and square. . . . Even Wood admits it."

"Where is Wood?", Harry wondered after suddenly realising he wasn't there.

"Probably in the showers.", said Fred.

"We think he's trying to drown himself." George added with a small laugh which didn't last long when he saw Harry's unamused expression.

Harry put his face to his knees, his hands gripping his hair.

Fred grabbed his shoulder, and shook it roughly, "C'mon, Harry, you've never missed the snitch before."

"There had to be one time you didn't get it." George added.

Fred told him, patting his shoulder, "Don't beat yourself up, Harry. You're still the best seeker we've ever had."

"No one's mad at you, Harry.", Y/N said with a weak smile. "He's just being, you know, Oliver."

Even though everyone tried to assure Harry that it wasn't his fault, he was still upset and frustrated.

Suddenly he remembered—