024- Saying Goodbye

Y/N was on her back, her whole body was aching, but especially her previously injured leg. It was as if someone was poking needles all over her body. It was extremely uncomfortable to say the least.

She wasn't near the Black Lake anymore. From the feels of the soft ground on which she was laying now, it seemed she was on a bed.

The room was silent, except for Harry's humming. He was humming a tune which sounded oddly familiar, but she had no recollection from where.

She slowly opened her eyes, to find herself in the hospital wing, Harry was sitting beside her bed, and was tightly holding her hand in his. He was humming absent-mindedly. She squeezed his hands three times to catch his attention.

He turned red and stopped humming immediately. He looked away and suddenly found the floor tiles more fascinating.

Y/N slowly sat up and chuckled at his awkwardness, "Still the awkward boy, I bumped into on my first day."

Harry was still red, but he let out a small laugh, "You still remember that?"

"Of course, I do." She said truthfully, "I was so embarrassed I bumped into you, and that too on my first day."

"Oh, I know." Harry smiled teasingly, "You couldn't stop staring at me."

"Shut up! I did not!"

"I think you did."

"Arghh" she let out a groan and covered her face with her hands in embarrassment.

Harry was chuckling too much, he loved seeing Y/N being embarrassed. He loved seeing Y/N.

She rolled her eyes and said, "Well since you're sooo happy, why don't you go and fetch me some chocolate." She made a shoo-ing gesture with her hand.

"Really? You're in the hospital. You should eat fruits, not chocolate." Harry fussed.

"I just survived a dementor attack, I think I deserve some chocolate, Harold!" she demanded.

"Okay, fine. You're the boss." Harry raised his hands as if in surrender, then he pulled out Y/N's favourite chocolates from his robes.

"You knew!" Y/N beamed with excitement.

"Course, I did." Harry smiled seeing the excitement on her face. It was as if his whole world lit up.

"You won't believe what happened while you were in here!" Harry said.

"How long was I in here?"

"2 days."

"2 days?!"

"Yeah."

"Wow, I must've been out cold, if I was unconscious for so long."

"You have no idea." Something dark took over Harry's expression, but Y/N couldn't put her finger on what it was that just caused the mood to shift in the room.

(A/N~ remember this conversation for future references)

"What happened then? Tell me." Y/N urged him to go on in an attempt to lighten his mood.

"We saved both Buckbeak and Sirius!" Harry gave a small smile.

"That's amazing, Harry!" Y/N grinned proudly.

Harry then went through everything that happened when Y/N was unconscious. How someone saved them near the Black Lake. How Harry thought it was his father but it was actually him. He and Hermione used the Time Turner to go back in time and save Buckbeak and let Sirius escape on the beast. How Peter Pettigrew escaped during Remus's transformation. How it was all actually Dumbledore's idea to use the Time Turner.