001- The Beginning of the End

"They helped me save myself, when I thought I was completely lost"

29th August, 2019

"How much longer can you hide in there, Miller..! You will have to come out sooner or later... Let's just get this over with...", Stacey yelled as she kept banging on the washroom door, asking Y/N to come out... Stacey was the 'popular mean girl' of school, who loved to bully Y/N... She apparently had no reason to hate Y/N. She just simply hated her existence.

"Come out right this second or I swear I'll break the fucking door", Stacey smirked at her equally mean friends who were laughing and watching the show.

A minute later Y/N slowly opened the door, looking totally horrified "Ahh... let's see what we have here..", Stacey grinned triumphantly... and looked up and down checking the dress that Y/N was wearing.

"A new dress... You didn't tell me you bought a new dress..", she mocked with a fake hurtful gasp. Then she picked up the dustbin and dumped all the garbage over Y/N. "Shame.... It's not new anymore." Stacey and her friends broke into a fit of laughter and left the washroom.

Y/N was standing there as if she's been mummified. She was completely covered in dirt. She grabbed a tissue paper and tried to clean herself. It wasn't anything new for her. Stacey has been bullying her for the last 3 years.. and now she was used to it.

But, maybe not completely used to it. Her eyes started to tear up as she looked in the mirror. She was shuddering in fear and-- and anger... mostly anger... She hated Stacey with every fiber of her being. If only she knew how to fight for herself then maybe Stacey wouldn't have the guts to mess with her. But until that day arrived, she knew she had to go through this. There was no other option.

Thankfully today was Friday, which means she wouldn't have to see Stacey's hideous face for the next two days which wasn't enough but atleast it was 'something'. She quickly cleaned herself as much as she could and went outside to meet with her boyfriend, Ashton, near the school bleachers.

*****

"Babe, I'm not saying Stacey was right. But you must have done something to provoke her, that's why she reacted this way..", Ashton replied when Y/N told him about what Stacey did to her. As it turns out, Ashton and Stacey were really 'good friends' and neighbors. He used to hang out more with Stacey than with Y/N.

"And I'm telling you, I didn't do anything to her. She just cannot stand my breathing", Y/N snapped at him because everytime she told him about how she was bullied, he always used to defend Stacey. "I can't fucking do this anymore...", she seethed with anger.

"What do you mean?", Ashton asked her.

"I'm breaking up with you..."

"What do you mean you're breaking up with me??"

"I mean that– you're a manipulative person who loves gaslighting me", said Y/N raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry you feel that way"

"Huh... See for yourself... I'm not even kidding", Y/N said with a frustrated huff.

"Please give me another chance... I- I promise to be better", Ashton pleaded.

"Oh... Sod off", Y/N said getting more annoyed. "I'm not gonna give you a 256th chance, everytime you fuck around. Just leave me alone already!" She walked away from him, without giving him a chance to say something.