Chapter O5 - Special House

Start from the beginning

- - -

Makarov and Y/n playing hide and seek in the garden. A special occasions when her mother giving them the permission to run around the field of flowers.

Makarov is against a tree, counting from 1 to 20 for y/n to hide.

She giggles along her way to hide. Exactly hiding just behind the tree where her dad counting. He basically can heard her giggles near him but he pretends not to heard anything.

"19... 20... Ready or not, the dino comes to find you~" He said in a singsone tone. He turned around to look around the field. One of his hand covering the sun from his eyes to look better.

"Where are you sweetheart?" He playfully said as he starts walking around.

She keeps giggling as she tried to cover her mouth with her tiny hands.

When suddenly he turned around and caught her peeking from the tree, making her gasp and in her first instinct, she chose run.

Makarov pretends to chase her down.

When she sees her father is close to catch her, she tried to speed up. But that's such a wrong way to do because she's not looking at where she's going. She fell and stumbling across something. Like flicking a switch.

He immediately sprint to her daughter when he sees her fall on her knees. Panicking. "It's okay, baby. It's okay, it's just a scratches." He quickly said as he cradles her in his arms. Softly cleaning her bruises knees.

But to his surprise, she's not crying. Instead, her gaze focus on something else in the middle of the garden.

Oh shit.

Makarov thought to himself.

"Father.. What that?" She asks as she tilted her head towards him in confusion. Her two pigtails cutely moving along with her head movement.

He looked down to her, seeing her confused state, he can't help but internally sighed in relief.

"Oh sweetheart. That supposed to be a surprise but I think it's no longer a surprise since you saw it, isn't it?" He sadly said, quickly making an excuse.

She furrowed her brow before her lips slowly pouting. "What? No! Is surprise. I no see thing. I no member." She quickly said whilst shaking her head hard. Making her slightly dizzy from the action.

He just chuckles then held her head to calm her down. "Okay, okay. You see nothing, right?" He lean down to kiss her forehead. "Let's go inside and let dad take care of your knees, okay?" He adds as he points the now her evident bruises on her knees.

"Ouchy! Okayy." She finally feels the pain as she wrapped her arms around her father's neck. Resting her head on his broud shoulder.

Makarov just shaking his head at his child then flicking the lever back to make the secret chamber going back to its place. Making the field looking like how it used to like.

- - -

"Dad...?" She softly called for her dad as she rubs her eyes with her balled fist.

"Mommy..." When there's no answer from her father, she called for her mom instead. But still no answer.

Looking down at the first floor, she saw a light coming from a room. The family room. So she slowly walks down the stairs.

"Father?" She called once again. Not really aware of her surrounding, still feeling very much sleepy.

She frowns when still no ones answer her. When y/n reached the family room, she saw where the light source is. It's come from... a floor?

What floor?

She tiredly asking herself in her mind. Her feet subconsciously walking to the light. It's right at the corner of the room, not too far from the TV hanging on the wall.

"Daaadd.."

She voice out as she slowly walking downstairs. She caught a sound of something being rustled in where the stairs leading her down.

When she finally reach the bottom of the stairs, a dimly lit room is what greeting her.

"Daddy..?" She tried to cover her eyes from the sudden light, even though it's not that bright, it's still kind of bright for her eyes that now used to the darkness of night.

Hearing a sweet voice calling him, Makarov finally turned to his back only to see his child standing at the bottom of the stairs. His eyes widen slightly and he immediately rushed to her and picking her up. Resting her head on his shoulder.

"What are you doing here, angel? Why don't you go to sleep?" Even though he's panicking, he still managed to keep his voice calm. Softly shushing her.

"Wake.. Can't sleep.." She softly mumbles as she nuzzling closer to his neck. Burying her face there while inhaling his scent. Almost immediately goes back to sleep just by his presence.

"My poor little baby, let's get you to sleep again, yeah?" He flicked off the light switch as he started to walk upstairs.

"Hmm.." She hummed as she slowly closing her eyes again.

Makarov sighed in relief when his daughter slowly lulled back to sleep. It melts his heart how she's practically almost knocked out once again just from how he's picking her up. Slightly rocking her back and forth.

When they reached the family room, he walked to the TV and pressed his hand on something behind it. Y/n slowly opened her eyes when her pillow moving too much. Only to see her father's hand click something then presses her head on his shoulder once again.

"I'm sorry, little one. Did daddy moving too much?" He sadly said as he strokes her hair gently. Slowly walking upstairs to her bedroom. Whispering sweet nothing on their way there.

- - -

Words count : 1577.
With love, Seven.