Chapter 84: The Face of True Evil, Part Two

Start from the beginning

SLAAAAM!

They struck him head-on, their weapons piercing through his body before he pushed them back with a shockwave, his smirk growing.

("Yes... Yes. This is what I have been waiting for. Have at you; because I will have my fun.")

Salem gritted her teeth, clutching her sword in both hands. "Fun... Was it fun watching as you tore everyone apart over and over again?"

("Quite so. And I'll do it all again. This next Timeline... It will be much more entertaining.")

"Entertainment this, entertainment that," the First Vao muttered. "You're sick... If I weren't a murderer too, I'd throw up."

"That makes two of us," Salem agreed. The God of Light chuckled, his weapon disappearing as he shrugged.

("Come now. Your insults won't make me angry. There is no point in useless chatter. I want to fight two demigods at the same time. So if you'll fight, then that would be-")

"BIIIIITCH!"

The God of Light turned his head to meet Sasha's knuckles, his body flipping through the air. The elf had launched herself to their level, her strength powered by Yin and Verde. On the ground Vao was aiming a bow twice as long as he was tall, Sapphire acting as the arrow. With a loud holler he released the string, throwing the doll after the God. Her chainsaw revved and roared as the teeth chewed into the God of Light's eyes, the weapon's blade ablaze as Jasper used her magic on it from her sister's shoulder, bringing him lower. Waiting for him was Midori, the one-armed witch holding up her staff and pelting hi. With thousands of magic pellets that crushed the eyes lining his legs.

The God of Light brushed away their attacks as the Heroes landed back on the ground, nodding his head approvingly.

("Hmph... So you were restored into your bodies... Curious. I wonder if this is Shub-Niggurath's doing? Not like I can do anything about it. But you caught me by surprise - what an interesting development this is...")

Yin glanced at Sasha, furrowing his brow at the quivering elf. "D-did he hit you?"

Sasha raised her fist, looking at it with a quivering lip. "I... I just punched the God of Light in the face and called him a bitch... I feel so badass..."

"Nevermind that, is that the First Vao riding Salem's back!?" Jasper shouted. The Celestial shot them a glare.

"Don't worry about it! Just get ready to fight!" She screamed.

They turned on the God of Light, the First Vao dropping down next to them, Salem landing at his side, their weapons gleaming in the air as they charged.

The God of Light moved with a blinding flash, his bow taking the shape of a scythe again. The Heroes that stood against him dove for the ground when he threw it, sending Light snapping at the ground. The weapon spun through the air like a boomerang, returning to his hand with unmatched speed. Salem whirled around with her sword, deflecting the crescent blade as he struck, vanishing before Sapphire and Sasha could close in, taking to the sky again with a powerful beat of his seven wings.

("Catch me, if you are able!")

Time seemed to slow as he raised his wings, his legs moving to his chest as if he were about to jump. And with a quick straightening of his body and a powerful beat of those wings, he blasted high into the sky, vanishing past the clouds and leaving behind only the violent, biting winds of the shockwave that knocked everything in its path down. Salem climbed to her feet, the First Vao latching onto her back as the Celestial gave chase. Yin threw his hands in the air in agitation. "Now what!? We can't fly! Verde, you worship Shub-Niggurath, right!? Can't you call her!?"