Chapter 30: The Blood

Hello!

Here we are, the battle we've been anticipating ever since our adventurous heroes yet to experience true hell have first mentioned taking Faralda.

Let's be honest; we've all been wanting to see FRSB go against Rojo again. I honestly would not be surprised if Rojo is the villain you guys hate the most, even given all the horrible things the others have done.

So here we are: the fight against Rojo. Except this time, he doesn't have the drawback his Semblance did, due to Semblances not existing among the Third Timeline natives. Instead, he's got something worse on his side - the Blood.

Also, there are some other scenes following Rojo's death. We finally get to see the First Yin. And after, the First Vao and what he was doing to Raven.

Let's get into it, shall we?

...

Verde's legs wobbled as she shakily stood back up, leaning against her staff for support. Everything she threw was deflected by Rojo's shields. She couldn't land the hit she needed.

Rojo was laughing at her, practically spinning with joy. "This takes me back!" He cheered. "This reminds me of your ninth birthday! I beat you until your legs snapped right in two!"

Verde straightened her back and spat out a tooth, driving her staff against the floor. The stained glass windows rattled and shattered, the razor sharp shards flying straight for the Cardinal. But just like her spells, Rojo blocked them with ease. He lumbered forward, his eyes widening with delight.

"But this time, you keep gettin' back up!" He cried happily. "I fuckin' love this! It ain't even my birthday and I've gotten the best present in years!"

Despite his massive frame, Rojo was fast. He smashed his shields together like a wall, running straight into Verde. The witch let out a cry as her back slammed against the wall, her arms shaking as she tried to stop him from crushing her. Rojo parted the shields just enough to stare back at her, grinning like a madman.

He shouldn't have been this limber. Rojo was forty-seven, close to his fifties. Yet he didn't seem to show any signs of old age.

"Don't you get it!?" He spat at her. "You can't beat me! No one can! This Blessing is the greatest fuckin' thing I've ever had in my FUCKIN' BODY!"

"What... What the hell did the Church do!?"

Rojo pulled back and slammed forward again, threatening to shatter Verde's arms. He broke into another fit of laughter when he heard her shriek.

"Church!? Who needs the fuckin' Church!?" He ranted angrily.

The shields suddenly dropped and scooped her up from underneath her shoulders, tossing her across the chamber. Her staff flew from her grasp, sliding across the floor. Rojo kicked it far out of reach, his lips curled into the widest grin Verde had ever seen him wear.

"I don't care about the Church anymore! My Lord showed me the true path! He's far better than Iris could ever hope to be!"

SLAM!

SLAM!

SLAM!

Verde covered her head as Rojo drove his shields down on top of her, setting them to the side to wrap his hands around her neck and lift her off the ground. He was rambling like a lunatic.

"My Lord is powerful! Kind! He's the greatest man I've ever laid eyes on!" He cried. "And I have Jack and Miss Mono to thank for giving me the chance to meet him!"