Chapter 66: The Collapse, Part Two

The forces of Twist and Remnant waited with bated breath, their hearts pounding in their chests as they watched the spot the Heroes and the First Vao had vanished carefully. The soldiers of New Atlas of the First Timeline trained their rifles on the spot, the barrels trembling. The Cultists stood just opposite of them, prepared to go against the three armies to protect the First Vao if they had to.

No one knew what was going on. They had no way of monitoring the Heroes nor the First Vao. General Schnee gritted her teeth, pacing back and forth in the helicopter, the pilot hovering over the spot and the gunmen training their sights. The First Verde sat in one of the seats with a laptop on her lap, the First Sasha sitting by her side with her tree trunk-sized arms folded across her chest, her foot tapping against the metal floor nervously. Her face was as stern as ever, though.

"Forest, is there any update?" The general hissed. "The moment that bastard comes out, we need to gun him down before he starts dodging again."

"There are no updates. IDMS reads as normal," the genius replied.

["The hell is an IDMS?"] The Second Yin's voice spoke from their earpieces.

["Inter-Dimensional Monitoring System,"] the Second Verde replied. ["It's what we've been using to monitor the Third Timeline. You were there when we built it, and also for the classes on how to use it. You were too distracted talking to Vao."]

["I'm sorry I had to yell at your boyfriend for eating mushrooms in class."]

["Drugs? What are your intentions with my daughter?"] Ironwood growled.

["M-maybe... Holding her hand one day... I'd also really like a hug. I wouldn't do anything to disappoint you, Daddy."]

["I told you not to call me that! Just call me Jim!"]

["Excuse me, General James Ironwood! I could not help but notice my stepson referred to you as a fatherly figure! Could you relay the secret to accomplishing such a feat!?"] The Second Oobleck nearly screamed. Vao was quick to answer.

["Yeah! He ain't shagging my mum, you googly four eyed twat!"]

["She is a very nice lady!"]

["I'LL BURY YOU!"]

Winter sighed, shaking her head and pinching the bridge of her nose. "For the love of... Shut up and keep your sights focused. That's an order!"

["Bitch, I didn't sign up for the military,"] the Second Raven growled. ["Vao, apologize to Barty right now."]

[B-but Mummy-"]

["I'll find the shovel, you girly prick."]

["S-sorry, Professor-"]

["EIGHT YEARS IN MEDICAL SCHOOL! I AM A DOCTOR!"]

It was at this point they just tuned out the Branwen family issues. Down on the ground, Poppy watched as the First Raven approached the Second Vao, blindly grabbing at the air until her palm pressed against the back of his head, making the mafia member jump in surprise. "N-nyah!?"

"U-um... Y-you're the S-Second Vao, right?" The blind woman stammered happily.

"Y... You're not going to hit me with a shovel, are you?"

"N-no! I... I just wanted to know if I could have a h-hug... Vao n-never hugged me in the First Timeline..."

That was depressing. The Second Yin nudged his brother's shoulder. "Hug her, dude."