14

Evan Williams-Buckley

A month passes and Buck is finally getting a service dog, getting the paper work was extremely easy since all of his doctors signed off on it without second thought hoping to keep him out of the hospital. Eddie and Buck decided on a golden retriever since they are the friendliest with kids and also very calm.

Buck is having a absent seizure but his brain snaps him out of it once he feels Eddie's hand on his shoulder causing him to jump making Eddie giggle. "Excited to go get Buddie today baby?" Eddie asks and Buck turns to face Eddie and smiles. "Yes I am Eddie." Buck replies standing up and giving Eddie a kiss. "Court date in three weeks." Buck winces and sits back down annoyed throwing his head back. "Yeah I see what you did there."

"Sorry, you just haven't talked about it." Buck shrugs and rubs the back of his neck sighing. "It's because I don't know how to feel about this...Steve, Jason and Hondo want to rip his throat out anytime they get close to him. Clay wants to punch him but also tells me that I can feel angry and also not angry my dad god Danno said the first chance he gets he's going to shoot his face off." Buck takes a second taking a deep breath rubbing his forehead.

"I don't know, I'm angry but at the same time I'm hurt but also it's just weird I don't know. But at the same time I don't want them to kill him because he had been in my life since I was fifteen years old." Eddie hugs Buck who head is held low and Eddie soothes him.

What Buck doesn't know is this dog was also trained to help with the extreme panic attacks he have been getting Eddie hates that Buck has panic attacks while he's at work. "Oh yeah by the way the dog also is trained to help you with you PTSD, and anxiety attacks."

"I know they told me Ed's thank you for that." Buck says kissing Eddie who smiles helping Buck get his prosthetic even though he knows he can do it himself. "No problem I hate when your alone in your head and suffering your going to be my husband and my job is to try and keep you as happy as possible for the rest of our lives." Buck blushes Eddie picking him up looking at him with his caramel brown eyes. "I love you Eddie and thank you for allowing me to still also love Brian."

"Don't I understand he was your first love, and plus you will always love him but I know you love me and I also know if he wasn't dead you'd probably be with him and that is something I can live with." Buck kisses Eddie wondering how he got so damn lucky to have an amazing soon to be husband and also he has a type he just realized.

"Let go get Buddie." Buck says grabbing his crutches just incase his body doesn't want to cooperate today.

They get to the place where the person flew in from the mainland at the motel to get Buddie who is a two and a half. 

"Hello you must be Evan Williams-Buckley?" The lady asks sticking out her hand to Buck who smiles and nods. "Yes I am and you must be Crystal." They shake hands and Crystal calls Buddie out of the room. 

"So as you know Buddie is trained in detecting seizures and he can detect one up to forty-five minutes before it happens. He is also a Psychiatric service dog, and is trained in DPT, medication reminder, he can also retrieve things like medication, food, bottled or canned drinks." She says taking a second going through the paper.

"He is also trained to preform, room search, block people from getting to close from you, alert to panic attacks, redirect attention, help calm meltdowns, find exit, Tactile stimulation, Balance assistance, Interrupt harmful behaviors. And also wake you up in cases of bad nightmares along with the things he trained for seizure alert. Which includes lying next to someone having a seizure to prevent an injury. placing their body between the handler and the floor to break a fall at the beginning of the of a seizure. staying with the handler during a seizure to provide support and comfort. And also bark to alert family members or nearby people, also trained to trigger a pedal-activated alarm if the incident occurs at home."