'I don't think human mages would do so. There are only a few of them, and as far as I know, they don't have the power to make people sleep. Their abilities are limited to controlling elements. Experts said that these powers are passed down through specific families that have had control over Lemurian for centuries. It's not something that can be learned or acquired; it's just a random chance that a child from one of these families might become a mage' The other, James, explained. 'So everyone thinks that it's their fault' He signaled at Rafayel with a movement of his eyes. 'I bet that they just sing and everyone does what they want, scary but beautiful monsters'

It was at that moment, that even though acting as weak, Rafayel's orbs encountered his and the older guard felt a shudder along his back, how could such a seemingly defenseless young Lemurian possess eyes so captivating and... awake?

The older guard, accustomed to the mundane, felt a shiver down his spine. He signaled the other to shut up and finished the travel to Enoria's room in silence, glances given to the Lemurian resting and unmoving.

They opened the door of the girl after knocking, but it was turned into an everyday routine so the girl would already be dressed, cleaned, and waiting, breakfast prepared and carefully placed on her table.

The carrier that they used now was attached to his tank, being able to move it all when using straight corridors and the biggest elevators used by the service of the castle. They always left it in Enoria's room, with Rafayel inside, waiting for the guard to come back to check on them both during the day and bring him downstairs in the afternoon, just before dinner.

They bowed and closed the door, leaving fast to tend to other duties.

Enoria approached the tank with a warm smile. The last few days, Rafayel felt like they had finally turned friends, Enoria felt comfortable with him, similar to when they met under the stars many years ago. All the questions were answered and curiosity turned Enoria unwary of him, as she trusted him with her worries and complaints. Rafayel sensed a shift, an intimacy that transcended duty.

'Let's have breakfast together' She stated, looking at Rafayel strangely. 'What are you waiting for? Get out of the tank!'

Rafayel's smile played at the corners of his lips. 'Bossy, now?' he quipped, acquiescing to her command with lazy grace.

Enoria nodded, her impatience palpable.

'You can move as you wish, and I'm hungry. So hurry up...! I've been waiting for hours already!'

His eyebrows raised and he remained quite still and as if summoned by her words, Rafayel willed his transformation, wished for legs to appear, and moved out of the tank, water dropping into the floor.

'As always leaving a mess of water on my floor' She teased. 'Remember to clean it before you go!'

Rafayel smirked.

'As you wish, your Highness' His voice was a velvet whisper.

They moved closer to the table, Enoria sat on one chair whilst Rafayel stood next to her, taking an apple into his hand and biting it, his teeth sank into the fruit, the crisp sweetness a welcomed distraction.

Enoria took a toast and started to put some orange jam on it.

'So how many did you save last tonight?' She asked, curious.

Rafayel blinked, considering her question, and tilted his head slightly, as he responded to her query.

'Just one' He replied, voice soft.

'One?' She asked, teasing tone dancing in the edge of laughter. 'You are losing your pace, our mysterious savior'

Rafayel shrugged again, the apple core discarded.