Banquet flattery

Rafayel descended the stairs to the opulent banquet in honor of his birthday. Everyone was looking at him, they all brought out their tails, human legs shown whilst some kind of forcefield let them walk underwater.

This power, usually, was hidden and only shown during banquets, official meetings, and celebrations where a lot of space was needed. An adult Lemurian tail could be up to 3 meters long, so human legs were useful when gathering together in small spaces. When it was needed, to infiltrate human towns or a long time ago, to trade with them above water.

Rafayel, in Human height, even though he was still young and not mature compared to his older kin, was tall, about 178 centimeters. His muscles were still aching and he felt like a growth spurt would happen sooner than later.

His clothes were Lemurian ceremonial for Royalty, a white jacket with intricate black designs that resembled flames. White shirt and undervest that showed his tiny waist yet, toned body after so much training. White pants that fit perfectly to his long legs. Rafayel's body was mostly legs. Delicate chains fell from his undervest, decorating the buttons of it. His family crest stood proud, cerulean, like the King and Queen orbs. His hair was tied log, some strands wrapping his face perfectly.

He looked good, beautiful, and powerful like the Crown Prince he was. Rafayel stood tall when walking among nobles across the salon, until standing next to the King.

'The star of today's banquet finally arrived' The King stated, silencing everyone with his voice. 'Crown Prince Rafayel, our blessing'

People saluted the Royal Family and congratulated Rafayel, almost unanimously. Rafayel bowed his head, in gratitude.

'Today, we celebrate our Rafayel turning almost an adult and inform you all, what is going to be his mission, to welcome adulthood as a Lemurian'. The King continued, proud and regal.
'Masters and counselors have spoken, decided that the most necessary accomplishment should be infiltrating Southern Shore, bringing their most precious treasure, and rescuing Lemurians trapped and slaved in their city. They are the closest to us, next to Northern Shore. They also started the war, hundreds of years ago, capturing the first missing Lemurian. It's going to be arduous, but if accomplished, we will have won a battle long overdue.'

People cheered the King's words and again, shouted their blessings to the Prince. Yet, the King smiled and looked at the Nobles gathered in front of his persona, showing a proud demeanor.

'I ask for the blessing of our God of The Sea to ensure my son's mission to be successful, for us to be victorious and for the Humans to feel what it feels to be hunted by our beloved blessing' He said, cryptically. Rafayel noticed that he decided to not say anything about the Prophecy and his newly found status. He looked at the Queen, but she was smiling like nothing had happened, seemingly unaware of Rafayel's gaze.

'We ask for his blessing' The crowd cheered. And Rafayel felt powerful, with so many people chanting his 'status', power surged from his insides, and lots of voices could be heard, closer and closer. He had to close his eyes, as Rafayel's special irises were shining almost white.

'Now we feast and tomorrow, Rafayel will be captured by our foes, like a coral fish expecting to be slaughtered by a small shark. Little do they know, that our blessing will destroy them from the inside' The King informed, and servants appeared from everywhere with plates full of the most exquisite and exotic seafood.

Rafayel stood quietly, trying to control his body and powers, to have them under control. His eyes stopped shining and decided to eat what was offered, knowing that starvation would follow the following days.

People mingled, and Lemurian girls tried to approach him, stopping when noticing the Crown Prince's disinterest. The King ignored him in favor of speaking with long-forgotten Nobility from all the seas. Sisters were trying to find mates and collect heart scales, wearing their most beautiful gowns.

He stood still. Listening to voices, feeling full of hope. But also, sad, as most of his kind hated Humans to the extent of wanting their death. Not only for the slavers but for the whole of them.

He thought about Enoria, his mate, and sighed. How would he be able to protect her? When most of Rafayel's kin wanted her dead. Just for being a Human. How could he go against the wishes that resonated with his very being?

He drank some nectar and felt a hand against his back. He locked back and saw the Queen, smiling at him.

'Please accompany me for a moment' She said, guiding him out of the Banquet and across corridors, to her Tea Salon.

'Rafayel' She started. 'The King decided to keep secret for now about your godly status, only has explained it to his most trusted Lemurian. You will notice some remarkable changes in the attitude of some Elders, they might want to push their offspring to you once you get back from your Mission. He used blessing to refer to you as a Synonym to explain himself further in the future. People might have noticed this but won't question you.' She took Rafayel's hand, caressing it lovingly.

'What should I do, Mother?' He asked, somberly.

'You will be drugged and put into a Sea often visited by Lemurian Hunters. The drug will make you seem helpless and weak in their eyes. Rumor has it that they are searching for a Lemurian to be given to their Princess, so looking weak is a must. Once inside, the drug will come undone and you will be able to escape, according to the plan, slay slavers, and rescue our People. Once you find their most treasured jewelry, bring it to the King'. She hugs him, maybe for the last time. 'Now, go and sleep, because you are expected to leave before sunrise' She kissed him, close to his eyes. 'Good luck, my beloved God'

And she left, leaving him alone with a folded note. Inside, it read: 'Enjoy your time with your mate and think of a way to hide her, a war is brewing and will explode sooner than later'.

Rafayel used his flames to move to his room, hidden at the Top of The Tower. There, he let his tail appear with a sigh, feeling the place where his scale heart lay warm, warmer each passing day.

'Soon' He whispered, watching a girl sleeping far away from there, trapped in her tower of marble and gold.

He rested, trying to sleep the anguish away.

When he managed to fall sleep, he didn't know, as his body felt suddenly really tired and everything turned black.