👑 The Beautiful Tyrant: Chapter 22 👑

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"So, Vil. What did you want to talk about?" Kalim asks as Vil inspects the luggages.

He looked at everyone and sigh. "I want all of you to open your luggage and show it to me," he commands, confusing everyone except Rook and Epel.

"Wait, what?" Ace asks. "Shouldn't we wait until we get to our rooms to unpack?"

"Just do as I say," Vil says as everyone looks at each other and slowly unzip their respective luggage. Vil looks at the bags and sighs. "...I knew it. Spudlings One and Two-" He looks to Ace and Deuce. "Would you care to explain these stashes of junk food and carbonated beverages? I see cookies, sugar candy, and chocolate bars," he says with a glare.

"S-Sometimes I need a midnight snack," Deuce quietly says.

"Since we're staying together for training camp, I thought it'd be nice to share some with Angel and the others," Ace says. Vil looks at two then look at the duo watching the scene, Angel flinching at the look Vil gave her, observing her a for a while. She noticed that his face contorted into shock then back to a frown, leaving her confused at his look as he looks to Kalim's bag.

"And Kalim-" he says as he looks at his bag, seeing containers filled with food in it. "Containers of food comprise over half your luggage!"

"Yup!" Kalim happily agrees. "These are fried dough balls and a pastry called kanafeh*. I had Jamil make them for me. They go great with nuts, cheese, and cream on top. I was going to share them with the group!"

Vil sighs at the statement and looks at Jamil's bag, seeing there was a bundle of cloth inside it. "Jamil, you didn't pack any food, but what is this large cloth bundle?" He asks.

"It's a set of potions and medicinal herbs, so that I can formulate antidotes in the event of an emergency," he states. "I'm sure you've got that covered with your mastery of potionology, but one can never be too careful with these things."

Vil flinches a bit at the words. "That seems a bit...morbid. But no matter, I suppose." He looks to Epel. "Epel, I trust that you knew better than to bring any candy?"

"Um...Y-yes, sir," Epel quietly says. "But...I did bring a small snack. Dried apple chips. I made them myself," he says as he pulls it out of his bag, making Angel curious about the snack.

"Nuts and dried fruits are acceptable in moderation," Vil says as his eyes land on Rook. "Lastly, Rook..." He hesitates a moment before looking at his bag. "I trust you. Really, I do. But your luggage consists of a single photo album- a thick tome, at that. Care to explain?" He asks.

"Ha ha," Rook chuckles. "This is but a record of my life's work. I prefer to keep it close. It's a bit private. Opening it in front of everyone would be quite embarrassing..."

"I beg your pardon, then," Vil backs off. "Far be it from me to impinge upon someone else's privacy. Now then, with that out of the way..." He says to everyone in the room. "I hereby confiscate every sugar- and flour- based snack and drink present!" He announces.

"Whaaaat?!" Ace, Deuce, Kalim, and Grim exclaim in shock.

"But why?" Kalim asks. "They're not poisoned, you know."

"Again with the ghastly suggestions from the Scarabia duo!" Vil exclaims in shock at the statement. "That is completely irrelevant here. What do you think this training camp is for? Your minds and bodies must all be polished to a mirror sheen for SDC. And mirrors must be unclouded, devoid of blemishes. Monosaccharides and oligosaccharides contribute to lethargy, while fats and spices can incite acneic breakouts. For the next four weeks, from now until the show, I am banning all snacks that detract from an optimum nutritional intake!"