✨Side Story 25: Giving Gifts of Gratitude with Goodwill✨

Art is by Akina!

A/N: If you guys have drawings, it will be posted with the side stories and other chapters! Don't be afraid to draw and send them! Also HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I know it's kinda ironic to post a Christmas side story on Thanksgiving but it's the first story I thought of. Besides, I don't really feel bad because I'm pretty sure everyone is watching or starting their Christmas movie marathons today so it's all fair game!

Anyway, before you guys read (or skip, it's your choice!), I want to make a brief speech about Thanksgiving. No matter if you do or don't celebrate the holiday, I hope that everyone has a great day nonetheless. Remember that today is a day of thanks and give thanks to those you are thankful for. Let us set aside our differences and come today to just be thankful for the ones we love and the progress we made so far! 💖 Anyway, here's the side story and remember the title is a work in progress! Happy Thanksgiving and look out for the next side story! (11/23/23)

"Man, I can't wait until winter break starts!" Ace groans as he walks the halls, heading to the cafeteria. "These assignments are gonna kill me at this point."

"Well, it's your fault for trying to wait until the last minute," Deuce states as they turn the corner.

"I know Mr. 'All-I-Get-Are-40's' isn't talking," Ace snaps.

"At least I don't cheat off my friends to get a worse grade!" Deuce snaps back.

The two bickering makes Jack sighs. "You two are terrible to begin with," he says, getting the two's attention. "Just put in honest work and you'll be fine."

"Yeah, sure, you try and do that with Grim bothering you and causing trouble everywhere you go," Ace scoffs. "Speaking of which..." He looks around. "Where's the two troublemakers anyway?"

"Angel said she had to talk to Crewel and apparently Ruggie took Grim somewhere, I don't know the specifics," Jack answers. "Something about a 'last minute job' he said."

"Yikes, to have Grim of all people for a job must have been a desperate choice," Ace states. "Good to see that the furball can do more than take advantage of Angel."

"Speaking of Angel..." Deuce starts. "Since winter break starts, she's going to be on campus, right? I'm thinking about getting her a gift for the holidays."

"Uh huh..." Ace smirks. "And why would you do that, Loosey Deucey?"

"W-well, she's our friend and it wouldn't be right to not give her a gift for everything she's done for us," Deuce says. "Not for anything else!"

Ace thinks for a moment. "Hmm....I guess you're right. She dealt with us and Grim since she came here. Plus, I never felt right every time she wore that scarf..."

"Then why not get her one?" Jack asks. "Just like before, I'm sure that she'll be grateful about it."

"Oh, don't talk like that, Jack," Ace smirks. "You want to get her a gift too, just say it and we'll understand. You have a soft spot for her.

Deuce smirks while Jack glares at the two, blush showing on his face. "I-I don't have a 'soft spot!'" He growls. "It just that she should get a thank you gift for everything that happened, that's it."

"Sure..." Deuce teases, making Jack angrier. "But the thing is...what should we get her?"

The three became silent, thinking about the question. "I mean...she likes animals, right? We can get her an animal," Ace states.

"No, that's not gonna be good," Jack says. "It's enough she deals with Grim alone, and you wanna add another thing she has to take care of? That'll be too much."