35 | Breaking News

Start from the beginning

A part of me was deeply worried about the safety of my brother, but I knew he had it handled, this was his specialty crisis aversion and cleanup.

He was strategic, bold, and valiant.

Whatever he was going through would be managed with ease.

Me believe dat.

"Me wah guh home now Sevana, me foot dem a kill me" Diamond says from beside me, screwing her lips.

"Me ready from when...ready like bomboclaat Freddy" I chuckle, linking our arms together.

Walking side by side, we navigate our way through the crowd and out of the party.

Entering the parking lot we search for Diamond's car, she finds it before me and leads my body in the direction of the vehicle.

Once we've settled in, it takes her little to no time to hit the main road, heading back towards the hotel.

Right now a likkle sleep me a crave...

●●●

📍St. Ann, Jamaica | Ocho Rios

The Next Day | Wednesday, September 28th

12 PM

I've lived in Jamaica my entire life.

So when me see tourists or people from foreign come a yaad, and a do certain activity weh me neva yet get fi do...me get vex.

Jealousy angle di dolly wickedly.

Cause how me live yasso all dis time, and neva get dem kinda likkle excitement yet.

Ever since I turned eighteen, I've been wanting so desperately to try river rafting.

I was determined to drag Diamond along with me, cause any likkle fuckery me deh pon, a she dat right backa me.

"Vana, look how yuh mek we late" she scolds, pulling the fabric of her jeans shorts down her thighs.

"Me? Diamond how yuh can lie suh? A yuh tek long wid yuh makeup dis morning miss lady" I object, kissing my teeth playfully.

The lady decide seh she wah do full-face glam, as if she nah guh sweat it off inna di hot sun.

Me cyaa bada wid her enuh, swear to God.

"But me still look good don't it?" she asks, admiring herself in her front camera.

"Always...as a goodaz" I reply admiring her.

Diamond was a pretty girl, through and through.

Born cute.

"But yah guh mek we late---again" I scolded, pulling her body behind mine as we walked toward the entrance of the river.

There was a ticket and help stand located in the center of the property, and as I led us in that direction, I couldn't help but notice the sneaking glances we were receiving.

This anuh nothing new.

Especially when a di two a we out.

Male attention wasn't new to us, this has been the case from a taller time.

Suh we nuh freigthen fi man.

Approaching the ticket stand, Diamond and I stand akimbo as we wait in line, with two larger groups in front of us.

The property was beginning to get crowded, vans from the surrounding hotels arriving with bus-loads of passengers and groups.

Place full up like outta Embassy.