13 | Changing On Me

📍 Manchester, Jamaica | Newport

Few Days Later | Friday, July 15th

7 PM

I ball up my fist again, slamming it againts his front door twice.

"Open di fucking door my yute" I shout out, using my foot to kick repeatedly at the wooden frame.

Fucka cyaa hide in deh forever.

"Samir, easy yuhself nuh"

"Yah do to much now man..." Sevana whines from beside me, biting at her nails nervously.

She shouldn't even be speaking to me right now.

"Shut yuh mouth" I retort quickly, looking down at her before kissing my teeth frustratedly.

"Mi neva bring yuh yasso fi talk, only yuh eye dem yuh supposed to ah use"

Sevana really sick mi stomach wid weh she do to Sarai, cyaa even look pon har di same.

Feel fi gih har some raas lick...

God aguh handle her karma though.

Him juss send mi fi kickstart it.

Once again, my fists are on the door, pounding even harder than before.

The longer mi stand up yasso, di more angry mi ah get to raatid.

It was hard to make out if he was even inside, there was no light visible, and all the windows were closed and covered with curtains.

I look around his driveway again, scanning for any clues or hints that could lead me to his whereabouts.

Empty.

Nothing.

Nada.

"Yuh nuh see seh him nuh deh yah bredda?" she calls
out frustratedly, probably in an attempt to get me to ease up.

Not going to happen.

If him nuh come out, mi ah guh in.

Simple.

I ignore her protests, stepping back from the door to search his front yard for what I needed.

Once I get my hands on one of the big rocks scattered around his driveway, I make my way back up to the door, holding tight to the huge rock with steady hands, before proceeding to slam it against the closed door.

"Mi—"

Bang.

"Nah—"

Bang.

"Tell yuh—"

Bang.

"Again bredda..."

The rock starts to crumble into itself from the force of hitting the door.