His gaze sharpened.

Just now, he seemed to have caught the scent of Duan Jiayan’s pheromones.

After entering the toilet, Duan Jiayan opened the doors to a cubicle, went in and hurriedly locked it.

While he was injecting the inhibitor, Duan Jiayan felt some pain along his back. The needle injected into his arm made him so uncomfortable that he lightly bit on his tongue.

After a while, the tingling sensation in his body finally left and Duan Jiayan let out a long sigh of relief.

He reached out towards the toilet cubicle’s door and suddenly caught sight of the red patches that had appeared on his wrists.

He hesitated for a moment before drawing his arm back.

If it was before, he would have been able to return to the classroom and ask for Lu Xingci’s help.

But with their ambiguous relationship now, it seems like it will be inappropriate if he were to ask for a temporary mark, a hug or even to borrow the other’s clothes.

If he were to make such requests, while being fully aware of the other’s feelings towards him, it’ll be like he is taking advantage of Lu Xingci’s feelings.

Duan Jiayan was not able to do such things.

Why not… he’ll go stay in the hospital for a few days?

Actually being quarantined was not that big a deal, most omegas that developed a stress disorder would usually be quarantined anyway. Who knows, perhaps the hospital will be able to find a room with a computer for him, then he’ll be able to just spend a few days playing games……

It doesn’t sound so bad after all?

Duan Jiayan looked at the time.

There was still a few minutes till school ended, he seemed to be able to hear some chattering from the students walking along the corridor. There will be a lot of traffic when school’s over, if he were to go out now and walk along the corridor, it will definitely hurt.

The toilet could be considered the one place in school with the lowest amount of alpha pheromones. The speed of the red rash appearing on his skin was fairly slow and his body was not particularly aching.

Duan Jiayan decided to wait a little while. He’d wait till the crowd was more or less gone before leaving the toilet.

Just as he made the decision, he heard someone outside calling his name.

“Duan Jiayan?” Zhou Xingchen asked as he made his way over. “I saw you running in the direction of the toilet, are you here?”

Duan Jiayan did not think too much before acknowledging the question.

“What are you doing staying in here for so long? Having fun squatting?”

Duan Jiayan assumed he was alone and directly answered, “No.”

Zhou Xingchen, “Then are you doing? Let’s leave school together.”

Duan Jiayan, “I’ll wait for a while to leave, you can go first.”

Zhou Xingchen was silent for a moment and looked at Lu Xingci who was standing beside him.

Even though he was not sure why Lu Xingci pulled him along to the toilet, and stayed quiet since they’d entered, Zhou Xingchen still asked, “Lu-ge, so are we leaving first?”

Zhou Xingchen did not lower his voice.

Duan Jiayan’s scalp went numb after hearing that name.

“What’s wrong?” Lu Xingci asked. “Why did you stay in the toilet for so long?”