Advertisements

Duan Jiayan sat down and took out a box of chocolate cake from beneath his table. He bent his head down and slowly ate it.

Someone tapped him on the shoulder.

“You didn’t eat any breakfast?”

Duan Jiayan nodded with his back facing him.

Duan Jiayan leaned back, his chair leaning on the top of Lu Xingci’s table, and said, “You’ve been playing lots of games these few days?”

“En, I couldn’t sleep,” Lu Xingci said. “Chen Yue told you that?”

Duan Jiayan nodded, “He saw you on his friends’ list.”

With the teacher sitting behind his table, Lu Xingci spoke in a hushed tone.

“Then how were you these past few days?” He asked. “Did you think of me?”

Duan Jiayan immediately retorted, “Why would I be thinking of you?”

Lu Xingci continued playing with him, “Can I take it that you thought of me?”

Duan Jiayan stared at him dumbfounded.

Lu Xingci spoke convincingly, as if he really was very pitiful, “This was how I’ve made it through the past few days.

” ..” Duan Jiayan was silent for a long while.

He took out a fruit gummy from beneath his table and placed it on Lu Xingci’s table.

“Welcome back,” Duan Jiayan said. “From Summoner’s Rift back to this blood-filled second year.”

The boy saw him placing the sweet before turning back and chuckled as he ripped the wrapper apart.

The afternoon their school holiday started, Zhao Minjun brought the class out to watch a movie.

The day before, she got the students in her class to write down the name of a movie on a slip of paper anonymously, she then collected the slips and chose the movie with the most votes. In the end, it was decided that they will be watching a suspense thriller film.

This movie was a recent big hit so it was not a surprise that it got the most votes. Duan Jiayan saw the result of the vote and turned towards Lu Xingci, “Are you able to watch it? It’s a little scary.”

He remembered Lu Xingci’s tragic appearance back in the haunted house. According to the movie’s trailer, it does seem to be pretty shocking.

As class had just ended, Zhou Xingchen came over to find Chen Yue to borrow a portable charger. He did not think of much as he curiously asked, “What’s there that he can’t see? He’s not scared of stuff like this, we once watched Dead Silence at midnight, Lu-ge even laughed while watching it— Oi! Chen Yue, why are you kicking me?”

Lu Xingci glared at Zhou Xingchen, his expression growing colder.

For a second, he also wanted to do what Chen Yue did and give that brainless fellow a kick.

Duan Jiayan finally reacted, “He laughed while watching, and then?”

Zhou Xingchen belatedly realised something was not right. A scene suddenly flashed across his mind, he remembered his experience back in the theme park. Realising that he might have accidentally revealed something, Zhou Xingchen abruptly stopped talking, a look of fear on his face.

Duan Jiayan totally understood what was going on. He looked at Lu Xingci and could not resist glaring at him, “Are you an actor?”

Just then the bell rang, Duan Jiayan did not hesitate to turn back around.