"Miss," Adeline said and I turned my head at her. "Mr. Pierce needs you in his office, saying you didn't take the interview. " She sighted.

"Tell him that before he and my dad decide to speak bullshit and not even ask me when they start taking big damn decisions that change my life, they can't expect me to act normally! At least tell me his fucking name!" I raised my voice. "Sorry." I muttered. "I am honestly just angry." I sigh placing a hand in my face.

"He says your dad suggested it." She told me confused. She definitely didn't understand what was happening.

"Where is Mr. Pierce?" I asked her.

"On the line." She mutters.

"Give me the phone." I told her and she did.

"What do you mean?" I asked quietly.

"I am saying that me and your father have talked about this long ago. Me and him are rivals, but both of us have the most power. My son, is the richest man, I am the most successful followed by your dad.  We may be rivals killing each other to death metaphorically at the moment, but we don't need to be in the future. We can be one." He softly said.

"You honestly expect me to say 'I am so happy you guys are throwing my future and happiness and my fucking freedom away, I will gladly join your plan?" I said in the same soft voice trying to make the irony visible.

"That's exactly what we expect you to do." He responded.

"I only accepted a personal assistant working job. Not an ar - " I saw people looking in my direction. The man I talked to seconds ago vanished in thin air. "These damn phones." I mutter as I place a hand above my head and people started taking pictures.

"Please, come to my office again, I need you to sign the contract, you have many reasons to. And you can meet your future husband." He said. No emotion in his voice.

"And what is in it for me?" I asked curiously.

"Curiosity makes everything better, my dear. Come and see." I scoffed. Classic Italians.

"If this is some kind of trick-"

"Your father is here." He said. I hung up heading to the elevator.

I was going to fucking kill him with my own hands and with no money in return. Maybe show him what his daughter had been up to all these years when she was absent at night. Show him I hadn't turned into a whore. Maybe then he could finally see me in the eyes, even if his gaze could be filled with terror.

The elevator doors opened and I headed to his office.

I didn't knock. Respect was gone.

I saw my dad.

"I swear to god, dad!" I yelled at him. "So selling your daughter is like selling cupcakes like we did with mom?! Or is it easier?! At least we took time to fucking sell them." I lowered my voice not wanting to lose my temper over him.

"Don't bring your mother into this." He said turning to me.

His eyes. No emotion. His body. Tense.
Where was my father? Where was that loving man that came home running to hug me? Where was he? Where?

"What does Stella think? Hm, dad?" I asked him softly trying to get into his head.

"She knows that I know what's best for you." He said. Coldly.

"She thinks that you know what's best for me." I responded back.

Stella's my older sister, 26,Pretty, tall. A model to be exact. She's my best friend. One I would never forget. Of course she comes after Arine in the friend list but hey, she's second.