After buying the hangover medicine, Lu Xingci brought Duan Jiayan back to the hotel. After entering his room, he thought it’d be best to let Duan Jiayan eat his medicine earlier. As he was bending his head down to open the box of medicine, an arm hugged his waist from behind.

Lu Xingci paused his movements.

Someone had plastered his face onto his back. The action was then followed by a waft of a strong floral scent.

He heard the person muttering in a low voice, “I want to take a bath.”

Perhaps because he was drunk, his voice leaned towards sounding a little muddled. Lu Xingci turned back and took a look, thinking that perhaps he might not get a good sleep if he smelt too much of alcohol, “Then take your medicine first, you can go shower after a short rest.”

Duan Jiayan thought about it and felt that what Lu Xingci said made sense. He gulped down the hangover medicine without much thought.

After feeling like he had more or less rested, he leaned on Lu Xingci once again and announced, “I want to shower.”

Lu Xingci turned and saw Duan Jiayan still lying on him after making his announcement, “Are you able to stand? Don’t slip while taking your shower later.”

“Slip? No such thing,” Duan Jiayan was very confident in himself. “A master never slips.”

After he was done talking, he reluctantly let go of Lu Xingci’s arm. Leaving the other person would mean that the alpha pheromones would no longer smell as strong.

This was especially so as he made his way to the bathroom with shaky steps, he pretty much could no longer smell Lu Xingci’s scent.

Duan Jiayan felt slightly lost but at the same time, he really wanted to take a shower. After some thought, he whipped his head around and said, “Wait for me to come out, don’t move.”

Initially, as Lu Xingci watched the other walk unsteadily, he was still worried if he’d be able to properly take a shower. Who would have thought he’d get to hear Duan Jiayan speaking to him as if he was some elder speaking to a little kid? He almost burst out laughing as he replied, “I’ll wait for you to come out?”

Duan Jiayan nodded and spoke matter-of-factly, “Wait for me to come out, I want to continue hugging you.”

Lu Xingci, “……”

“If you dare move,” Duan Jiayan say that the other wasn’t saying anything and assumed he had not heard what he said. He narrowed his eyes threateningly. “You’re dead meat.”

Lu Xingci really did burst out laughing this time, “You sure are fierce.”

Duan Jiayan nodded and accepted that his words were indeed fierce, “l hope you can understand the dangerous situation you are in.”

“Then I won’t move, so you can let me live,” He laughed as he watched Duan Jiayan enter the bathroom. The latter kept turning around as he made his way into the bathroom, as if he was very reluctant to leave him. Lu Xingci saw this and the laughter in his eyes darkened, “Take your time to shower, I’m not going anywhere.”

After the bathroom door was closed, the muffled sound of running water came. Along with the warm mist came tendrils of pheromones seeping out from the cracks in the door, not unlike a plant growing out of the bathroom.

Lu Xingci’s finger, which was scrolling through his phone, paused.

Realising that he wouldn’t be able to play on his phone any longer, he turned off the screen and proceed to fall into a daze.