He can tell that Lu Xingci is even more well-liked than him. Teachers tend to just go along with what he does not only because of his good grades but because of his family background.

The kind of people that have it all is very terrifying to Qiao Nan.

He’s not afraid of Duan Jiayan. In his eyes, he’s just a kid that likes to act tough.

That’s right.

He’s just a naughty little kid.

He pushed down the violence in his heart and bit out, “My friend’s a little shy, maybe he’s not too fond of meeting others.”

He’ll teach him a lesson. Once he’s done marking him, he’ll teach Duan Jiayan who he can speak with, smile with.

It wouldn’t be like this, with him standing so close to another alpha.

After Qiao Nan was done speaking, Lu Xingci cocked his head at him.

Without warning, the smile on his lips vanished.

His gaze fell onto Qiao Nan, with his smile from earlier gone, it now felt incredibly chilling.

“That’s fine as well,” Lu Xingci said without much expression on his face. “I’m not free anyway.”

His frigid tone sounded so different from the boy from before that Duan Jiayan was not sure how to react.

The hand that was on his shoulder slipped down and gently wrapped itself around his wrist.

Lu Xingci pulled him in the direction of the dormitory lifts. As they passed by Qiao Nan, Lu Xingci paused and coldly stated, “You seemed to forget that Yi Zhong closes at 10 o’clock. Even if you used to be a student at Yi Zhong, you’ll still get into trouble if you’re caught by security.”

He pauses for a moment before stating pointedly, “After all, you aren’t really anything right now.”

Duan Jiayan could clearly see Qiao Nan silently clenching his fist at those words.

As he was pulled by Lu Xingci towards the lifts, Duan Jiayan could see the hand pulling on his wrist. Feeling a little troubled, he was just about to ask when Lu Xingci was going to release him when an omega walked past.

The omega’s gaze inadvertently landed on the hand holding his wrist and they let out an excited squeal, “Holy shit, it’s true!”

They sprinted to the dormitory as they muttered to themselves, “Breaking news! I saw it with my own two eyes! …Handphone! Where is my handphone?!”

There was a sound of a great commotion from afar, Lu Xingci let go of his hand. They had already made their way to the door of dorm 601. Duan Jiayan noticed that the dorm’s door was ajar and figured Song Yi must be home. As he pushed the door open, he could not help cocking his head back to ask, “Are you a two-faced person? Just a second ago you were laughing so happily and now you’re so expressionless, what a high-levelled face changing monster.”

Song Yi was originally playing with his phone. When he noticed the pair walking in, he revealed a somewhat awed expression, “Xiao Duan, class president.”

And then asked curiously, “What are you guys talking about?”

“Just come in, Song Yi and I usually also just come in like this, “ Duan Jiayan said while looking back. After hearing Song Yi’s question, he moved to stand a little to the side, “Let me introduce to you, standing behind me is the famous face-changing master, our classmate Lu Xingci.

Song Yi had not realised what he meant by that when Lu Xingci opened his mouth to say, “Making fun of me?”

The boy’s eyes were curved and under the dormitory room’s light, it seemed to emit degrees of warmth, “Just who was I doing all that for? You still dare to make fun of me?”