“A’Ye, you’ve really grown up.” Qiao Nan said warmly with a smile: “You used to only know how to rush into a fistfight, but now you’ve learned to talk back to me.”

Duan Jiayan, with his back to Qiao Nan, could hear his footsteps getting closer and closer.

Qiao Nan followed and caught up with him.

Standing in Qiao Nan’s blindspot, Duan Jiayan’s lips tightened into a line. He closed his eyes and was about to turn around.

Suddenly, he smelled a familiar scent.

The smell of cool grass, bringing along with it the chilliness of the sea.

When Duan Jiayan turned back, he was just in time to see Qiao Nan’s collar being gripped from behind with great strength. The person pulling on his collar was extremely strong, making him stagger backward a few paces.

An Alpha’s suppression of another Alpha was often straightforward and barbarous. Although that attack was not aimed at Duan Jiayan, he was still hit with tension and his heart could all but thump.

Realizing who was behind him, Qiao Nan’s pupils tightened and his face paled.

Lu Xingci raised his eyebrow slightly and he spoke in a hushed tone: “You still dare to continue following him?”

Seeing that he didn’t say anything, Lu Xingci pulled him closer. Just as Qiao Nan threatened Duan Jiayan before, he also used all his pheromones to weigh down Qiao Nan’s backbone—

Qiao Nan could only feel as if there were a thousand pounds of weight on his back. With that pressurized atmosphere hitting him, he was almost forced onto his knees.

Lu Xingci watched his reaction, and chuckled quietly: “Why don’t you try following him again?”

Although there was a smile on his face, there was no emotion in his eyes.

“…”

He suddenly loosened his grip and with a swing of his arm, Qiao Nan was tossed, landing a few strides away. This alleyway was very quiet. For Qiao Nan to stand stably, the sound of his shoes scraping against the ground was messy and clearly heard.

Incomparably cutting a sorry figure.

Seeing Qiao Nan regain his footing with his head down and not moving from his spot, Duan Jiayan relaxed.

Lu Xingci took a step forward, the Alpha aggression on him not yet faded. Seeing him approach, Duan Jiayan shrank back reflexively. His subconscious action was caught in Lu Xingci’s eyes.

“What are you avoiding?” Lu Xingci raised his eyebrow.

“…” Duan Jiayan: “I’ve never seen a man as handsome as you. I was affected by your handsomeness.”

Warmth gradually resurfaced in Lu Xingci’s eyes. He lowered his head and looked at his phone, which had been vibrating non-stop.

Chen Yue asked him why he had left for so long. He also asked if he caught up to Duan Jiayan and had there been an accident.

He replied that it’s all alright and then raised his eyes to ask: “Are you still planning to eat rice balls? Or do you want to go back?”

“I’ll eat some rice balls.” Duan Jiayan answered.

“Okay,” Lu Xingci put away his phone: “Then let’s go together.”

When they were buying the rice balls, Duan Jiayan pondered whether to pick bacon or shrimp for the filling. Next to him, a boy who was younger from a glance asked Lu Xingci for his Wechat id.