“Then should I have let you sleep on the floor and watch you as you kick the whole of your own blanket away and end up catching a cold and running a fever, with a backache?” Lu Xingci saw that he even dared to creep forward and was too lazy to show courtesy. He leaned forward a little, his tone full of guidance, enunciating every word: “Otherwise, what do you think I carried you up here to do?”

When he reached the “to” word, somehow, either intentionally or unintentionally, his sound became heavier.

The Alpha’s pheromones overwhelmingly put pressure on him. Most likely because of a lack of sleep, Lu Xingci looked a little different than usual.

Duan Jiayan felt that his ear had been ruthlessly pricked again.

“…”

Seeing how he suddenly quieted down, Lu Xingci laughed.

It was soft, carrying a vague delight. Duan Jiayan clearly caught sight of his Adam’s apple bobbing. This sort of aggressive male image made Duan Jiayan frown and just as he was about to speak-

“Don’t you say that every night in the dormitory, Song Yi would think that you were dead in your bed?”

“…”

“Is being dead in your bed the same as not only kicking and beating the person beside you in bed but also hoarding the blanket?” Lu Xingci, unclear if he was smiling or not, looked at him: “Are you

a feigned corpse*

?”

T/N: [诈尸] (Zha Shi) – A live person disguised as a corpse who can suddenly stand up to frighten people.

“…”

Seeing that his biggest lie was exposed right in front of his face, Duan Jiayan abandoned his shield and armor, becoming completely silent.

At this exact moment.

Accompanied by a wave of knocking sounds, Chen Yue’s voice came from outside the door.

“Lu-dawg? Are you awake yet?”

Duan Jiayan reminded him: “Someone’s knocking.”

“I heard it.” Lu Xingci drawled: “I’m not deaf.”

Duan Jiayan saw that he was filled with drive and decided to avoid the fight, not discussing whether he was deaf or not: “Go open the door.”

Lu Xingci raised his eyebrows.

Duan Jiayan was feeling too lazy to get out of bed. He feared that Lu Xingci would make him get up and go open the door, so he just buried his face into the pillow. A muffled voice made its way out from the pillow: “I’ve already become one with your bed. We’re already unable to separate. I’ll die if we do.”

Lu Xingci watched as he acted shamelessly and rolled into the bed, his light brown hair-covered head buried in the snow-white soft pillow, refusing to move.

The appearance was a bit funny.

He yielded to his heart’s desire and reached out his hand, messing up Duan Jiayan’s hair even more.

Suddenly having his hair messed up, Duan Jiayan was a bit puzzled. But when he saw Lu Xingci getting up from the bed, he was relieved and decided not to bother him.

Lu Xingci pulled open the door. Chen Yue, who saw that he finally opened the door, rubbed his nose: “Did I wake you?”

“No. I was already up. Do you need something?”

“I just remembered that I forgot to bring a blocker. I wanted to borrow one from you.” As Chen Yue said that, he planned to walk into the room. Just as he was about to take a step, he caught sight of a lump on Lu Xingci’s bed when the person in question was standing right there…