Lu XingCi was slightly startled, “Is it serious?”

“No it’s not, I just paid her a visit today. She was in pretty high spirits and will probably be discharged by this weekend,” Jiang Yao also helped to convey his grandma’s wishes, “She said she misses you. If you have time, why not go to Nan Shan and pay her a visit.”

Lu XingCi replied, “Then I will visit her tomorrow.”

“Want me to accompany you?”

“No need. Don’t you have something on tomorrow? I can spend a little more time talking to grandma.”

He had just put down his bag when he saw Jiang Yao looking at him with a huge smile, “Is there any interesting news in your school?”

Lu XingCi chuckled, “I don’t think so. What counts as interesting?”

With how casually he replied, Jiang Yao knew that the gossip she heard before were all nonsense. After relaxing her spirits, she also started joking around, “Perhaps, have you met any pretty Omegas in your school?”

She was originally just casually asking. Since he was young, Lu XingCi has never shown interest in any Omegas around him but this time, she saw Lu XingCi not answering her question.

A little curious, she squinted at him, “There’s really an Omega you find pretty?”

A figure suddenly flashed across his mind and Lu XingCi answered ambiguously, “I guess.”

A few days ago, the person was not even considered an Omega.

Yet Jiang Yao immediately got excited by his response, “If you find someone pretty, you should get to know them more. When your dad was chasing me, if it wasn’t for how persistent he was, meeting me everyday…”

Lu XingCi wasn’t sure if he should laugh or cry. All he said was that he found someone pretty, and look where the conversation has headed.

Seeing his mother go even further off tangent, he quickly found an excuse to leave, “I’ll go take a shower.”

Jiang Yao was not done talking but she could only let him go.

Saturday at the Nan Shan hospital.

Duan JiaYan had accompanied Fu Yuan to the hospital to visit He YunShen. Fu Yuan and He Cheng might be married but due to their jobs, the couple did not have much time to spend together, till recently when He Cheng brought He YunShen to Ning City.

Fu Yuan is a twice married Omega. According to the doctor, a big reason why He YunShen’s body has always been frail is because Fu Yuan has removed her mark once before. Because of that, Fu Yuan has always felt guilt towards her youngest son.

He Cheng and Fu Yuan had suddenly stuff to settle and left He YunSheng under Duan JiaYan’s care for a while. As the little kid was making a fuss about going outside to play, Duan JiaYan had little choice but to wheel him out to the hospital’s garden.

“Big brother, I want to drink coke.”

“No, professionals never drink coke.”

“……”

“Don’t look at me like that, it won’t work,” Duan JiaYan squatted down and lazily looked at the kid in front of him. “Your brother has a heart made of stone.”

“……” He YunSheng pouted and miserably tugged at the corner of his shirt.

Duan JiaYan looked at him for ten more seconds before giving in.

“I’ll go get it for you but only the warm one, and you can only take one sip,” Duan JIaYan looked at him with a finger raised. “If you drink any more than that, your dad will get upset and will smack your butt tonight, got it?”