Chapter 18: Being grounded is nice???

Y/N Pov

After a relatively lighthearted dinner, Shuji and I went to bed, again I will never understand how we both fit on the bed given our heights but I didn't question it much and went to bed without much complaint, not that I even had one in the first place to start with. One would think that after that dramatic and rather depressing conversation with Shuji that I would be uncomfortable or feel some other negative emotion similar. But I didn't, I just felt glad in a way that Shuji shared his feelings, even if those feelings were a result of bottling up his emotions and that ended up with him spilling out everything that was bothering him, still what his parents, my supposed uncle and aunt, said and did to him was disgusting to me.

I sighed, but decided not to think much about them, they weren't in my life, well yet anyways and so they wouldn't affect me anymore than a random piece of junk on the ground, it would cause slight annoyance before I threw it away and that's how I felt about them, but ignoring those thoughts I got up from my bed and stretched, but something caught my attention.

It was Shuji, I don't know how he got the way he did on the bed but apparently he did, Shuji was laid in a weird position, I couldn't explain it even if I tried but I just knew it couldn't be comfortable at all but I knew he'd have cramps and would most likely be sore when he woke up later so I did what any responsible cousin would do and laid him down in a more comfortable position on the bed and covered him over with the cover. After that I went inside my bathroom to go and take a shower, it was a relaxing 38 minute shower, and I enjoyed it, soon I dried off and went back to my room and put some clothes on and left to go to the kitchen and when I got there my mom was already cooking and so I just sat down at the table and she turned to me and smiled before she turned her attention back on the food and continued cooking.

I yawned while waiting on the food to get done and I thought we would just stay silent my mom decided to change all that by speaking, not that it was a problem or anything, in fact I enjoyed it when she spoke, she had a calming voice. "-Y/N? I asked if you wanted to help me out with breakfast?" Oh, I didn't know she was speaking to me, well that's what I get for zoning out like that, putting that aside I got up from my seat from the table and went over and asked where she needed me at and she pointed at a knife and some sort of vegetable to chop up and so I got to chopping up whatever it is my mom needed after that.

The sound of the sizzling from the pan and the knife chopping brought a more peaceful atmosphere and it relaxed me, even though I just woke up I felt like going to sleep again but before I could even go explore that thought deeper, the woman that I proudly called my mom spoke up once again. "Y/N, dear I know this might be a strange question out of nowhere but how do you feel about Shuji?" That was out of nowhere and random, but then again she did say that it would be strange and out of nowhere so I couldn't say much about the sudden question.

I hummed before I started to actually think about it, how did I feel about Shuji? I know for certain I don't hate him despite his rather exhausting personality as described by others but he was a pretty okay guy once you got to know him and that was okay in my book. And even though Shuji could be a little much at times he meant well, well for the people he cared about that is. Though I would feel bad for all the poor bastards he's beaten so far, knowing they wouldn't see "soft" Shuji, but then again I didn't care all that much for them since I didn't know them.

"I like him, he's fun, and though I haven't spent much time around him I haven't had any reason to dislike him at all. Although I could dislike him because of supposedly hitting me with a rock on "accident" or something. But I barely remember it so other than that I don't have any reason to hate him or anything." At my response my mom seemed to come to some conclusion, and to say I was a bit shocked would be an understatement, she seemed pretty determined to do something, whatever that must have been pretty important because of the look on her face.

"And how would you feel about Shuji being here? Permanently, that is." Oh, that's what she wanted to say? I didn't expect for her to ask such a question or anything similar to that question. My shock must have shown on my face because my mom giggled and seemed very amused while she waited for me to answer her question. And to be honest I didn't know yet, on one hand I didn't really like having to share my space with another person and I liked being the only child in the house in a sense and having my own room to myself was a bonus of sorts to being the only child.

But then again I would like Shuji to be in the house, it would bring another family member closer, and it could give me an opportunity to grow even closer with my cousin, plus I'd rather Shuji be over here, where I can see that he's safe. I don't know where that protective nature came from all of a sudden, perhaps it was because of the fact that he was family, or maybe because of some other things that can't be explained. Who knows?

"I would like for him to stay, but Shuji seems like the type to not want to stay tied down to one place. But I would like to think he'd want to stay here with us, of course you would just have to ask him that though." I said after a whole minute or so passed by and my mom hummed and then after a while I began helping her plate the food, and on cue both Shuji and my father came out, both seemed tired but that all changed the minute they saw the food, they almost immediately got to the table and sat down to eat. I couldn't help but laugh at them both and my mom seemed to have the same idea because she couldn't hold hers in either, I looked at my mom as she looked at me but she just shook her head and sat down and I followed her example and got in my seat and started to dig in.

----------------------------------------------------------
So I have upcoming exams coming up Wednesday and Thursday this week and I can't write more so sorry about that. Also I do plan on updating the TVD fic but I have to ask how anyone would feel about a time skip? Like to where most of the drama happens since I'm trying to find what else to put in the chapters where the group is doing something but I can't think of anything right now. Maybe in the future I'll discuss the different spells that the Bennett twins use since they have a wider variety of spells they can do because they dabble in different types of magic.
----------------------------------------------------------