Chapter 6: I should have expected this

Y/N POV:

'Now was I expecting anything different than what my father just told me? No but to hear that my mother is in the hospital because she saw a girl getting beat up and assaulted while what she presumed to be her boyfriend was forced to watch it happen was truly sickening and made a person feel a certain kind of hatred and seething rage for the monsters who did it.'

'And to hear they put they're filthy hands on your mother who did her best to protect two strangers she didn't know but she still tried to help them showed how good and kind of a person that she was and sure she could have turned a blind eye like most do in this city when this happens but she didn't.'

So here I am on the couch after my father has told me what happened but although I knew my father was speaking to me I couldn't hear him as I just blankly stared and I couldn't help but to listen to that tiny voice that whispered ever so quietly in the back of my mind.

'This could have been avoided if I looked for them'

But then I had to remind myself and think for a moment.

'No. That isn't true at all besides I tried my best.'

But then that voice came back and spoke even more.

'Oh? But it is. If you went looking instead of "going with the flow" and actually went to help then mother wouldn't be hurt, she wouldn't have gotten into harms way. And you didn't even try to look, all you did was "hope" you would catch a glimpse of them and after that didn't work you gave up and even before all of that you actually saw them ride off somewhere and didn't think to follow them. Face it this is all your fault.'

'No it isn't my fault at all besides I didn't even know where the attack would take place so I doubt I could have helped out even if I wanted to there was nothing I could do to help and how was I supposed to follow people on motorcycles driving over the speed limit! I would have lost them either way.'

Getting lost in my thoughts I almost flinched when my father put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a tired smile and spoke his voice was full of tiredness and sadness, probably because he learned his wife got attacked "How about you go to bed kid? You look tired and I know this has taken a toll on you judging by your face okay? We'll visit your mother tomorrow alright?" I didn't trust myself to speak at the very moment knowing I'd probably scream or cry or maybe even both so I nodded my head and got up off of the couch and walked to my room and went inside and closed the door behind me taking a moment to breathe and calm down to think about all of this...but what is there to think about? 'I knew what would happen and I did nothing to change it, I knew what would happen and I did nothing but hang out with Hinata and get a job at a cafe...I didn't even try to save them...' but that's when realization hit me. 'I'm not here to save them, hell I'm not even here to be some hero or anything like that of the sort in actuality I was born because I got a second chance at life, a second chance that won't be wasted by trying to save a couple of characters that were solely for someone else's plot.' but then I realized my thoughts and let out a laugh, a unamused laugh and went and laid on my bed as I thought to myself. 'That's the problem with me...although I have accepted that this was my second chance I didn't consider them people?. That is ironic considering what I thought before this. And I guess even if I told myself that I didn't see them as characters my mind didn't acknowledge that and sure I use to watch some of these people and read them like a book but this is real, I am real, Hinata is real, Mikey and Draken are real and even Takemichi is real and my mom and dad are real as well and this isn't some fanfiction where the MC goes out of their way to save people because let's be honest I can't save everyone.' but I guess  I'll tackle all of my problems in the morning, for now though? Time to change and get ready in the morning to see my mom and give her all the support and love she needs. And with those thoughts in mind I sat up and got off of my bed and changed into my nightwear and went to bed, all of the negative thoughts leaving me as soon as my head hit my soft pillow I was out.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Y/N and his mother talking a walk together.

Waking up and taking a shower and changing into my clothes for today I ate breakfast with my father and although it was a bit tense it was tolerable for the most part. Besides I was kind of glad we didn't talk as I wasn't particularly in the mood to speak today anyway.

Looking at my father I noticed he seemed to be in deep thought and his hair was disheveled but still neat in a way, he also had eye bags under his eyes which meant he hadn't gotten enough sleep from last night which I honestly wouldn't blame him for at all. After we both got done eating we were off to the hospital to visit mom and although I was happy to go see her and check up on her and make sure she was fine, but it also made me nervous to actually see what her condition looked like but I swallowed down that bit of fear and told myself that I should be more happy considering how easily people die after an encounter with a violent gang such as moebius so to put it simply I just didn't want to see my mother hurt in any type of way and my father feels the same as we both came to an understanding that my mother, his wife was the purest woman to exist and no harm should ever come to her at all.

But of course we had to be hit by reality that we couldn't always be there for her and then before I knew it we were at the hospital desk asking to see my mother and then we went to her room and once we were outside of her room door we both hesitated to go inside but my father seemed to find some inner courage and opened the door to reveal my mother, not lying down or crying in pain she was reading a book with bandages wrapped around her but not a lot so I could assume that she wasn't hurt as bad as pah's friend's girlfriend and then she noticed us and then she sighed and opened her mouth to speak. "So are you two just going to stand there or are you actually going to come inside instead of standing outside the door?" That question alone was enough for me and my father to move inside her room and close the door behind us and yes we did what most would do we kissed her, hugged her and checked over her and asked if she was alright a thousand times before she told us to be quiet and stop asking the same question over and over again and after that we spent time with her and asked her when she'd be home to which she said she'd be able to leave the hospital tomorrow because her injuries need time to heal and all.

Spending time with my mother in the hospital was actually better than what I made it out to be and it was kind of okay but after a while me and my father said our goodbyes and soon left the hospital and went back home for the day, although, on my way back my phone buzzed and I grabbed it out of my pocket and looked to see the notification. Turns out it was a text from Hinata asking if me and my father were okay since she heard about what happened to my mother to which I texted her back and told her that I was okay and that my father was doing well and that there is no need to worry at all and not long after my karate master also sent me a text asking if everything was alright and I gave him the same response I gave Hinata, that everything was fine and that he shouldn't worry about it but he didn't like that answer and said he'd pick me up and Hinata, if I wanted her to come along with us to a cafe that was located in a mall downtown and I sighed at how stubborn he was before I asked my father if it was okay and of course he said he didn't mind and that it would be a great way for me to get my mind off of things and so reluctantly I told him that I'd come and that it was okay to bring Hinata along because I didn't mind and I'd probably feel a little better if she came along with me on this one besides this might be good for me anyway.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Y/N and Hinata buying flowers together for their mothers because they love them.
------------------------------------------------------------
And this is where I stop for now and if you've read my recent chapter before this I forgot to mention I have now established when I'll update this and that'll be every Tuesday and Saturday so that way I'll have time to think about what I plan to do for this and remember criticism is welcomed because I honestly have no idea what to do when it comes to writing.
------------------------------------------------------------
                            Bonus:

                Draken and Mikey
------------------------------------------------------------
After being yelled at by the girl's parents  Draken and Mikey also visited Y/N mom and they also apologized to her but she said that they didn't need to because they weren't the ones who did it but she appreciated how mature they were and said goodbye to them when they left and they noticed on her patient chart thing that she had Y/N's last name and wondered if she was his mother but decided to not push it since the woman was in the hospital and all and left shortly after.