Vol 3. Mixed Signals (1)

Start from the beginning

He leaned in, whispering in your ear as his grip on your mouth tightens.

You glared at him, letting out a frustrated inner scream inside you.

Knowing that it was probably useless to try and break free, you just stood still.

Damn. So this was how Eli felt at the day of the festival when you covered his mouth.

You thought, before suddenly flinching at the fingers that were forcefully pushing their way inside your mouth; a muffled yell coming out of you as you bit his fingers.

Retracting his fingers, Illya sighed.

"Spit it out."

"Wha—"

He glared at you, shoving his fingers down your throat with the intention to make you puke.

"Spit out what you ate earlier."

You gagged, forcefully throwing up the things you ate earlier. The murky remains dripping down your mouth as Illya handed you water.

Rinsing your mouth with the water first, you breathed heavily, grabbing the guy by his colar as he took his dirty gloves off.

"You bastard. What the hell are ya doing?!"

You yelled as he stood still. Staring at you. Unblinking for a moment before narrowing his eyebrows. You held back a yelp as he flicked you in the forehead as if to tell you you're a dumbass.

"Pills for erasing your memories. Sounds familiar to you? Vasily."

He pointed at your rainbow mess, your eyes widening as you saw a pill lying right there on your rainbow mess.

What?

Why did you throw up a pill?

And why the fuck is he here?

Come to think of it. This happened the last time when you got stabbed. Then and now, you're always too scared to ask him why he's where he is right now.

"Don't you dare take those pills again."

Illya leaned in. A little too close for comfort as you backed away.

"Memory erasing pills?"

You asked, tilting your head.

"... Did you lose memory of what that is too?"

You looked carefully at the pill you had just vomitted, not noticing the annoyed Illya right by your side. Crossing his arm as he gave you a death glare.

By memory erasing pill, did he mean the one that Mitsuki kept giving Sinu to forget about his memories?

Anyways.

Illya's here. So shouldn't you ask him to stay at his house and stuff? You were getting sick of being homeless and starving. Though you doubt this bitch was going to agree.

Let's give it a try.

Looking up at Illya who was lecturing you, you suddenly tugged at his shirt; looking up at him with puppy eyes.

"Illya. Do me a favor and let me stay in your house."

...

"Sure."

He replied in a casual tone, confused as to why you even bothered to asked him in the first place.

You chuckled awkwardly.

"Yeah I thought so... WAIT WHAT?!"

You looked up at Illya in shock, whereas Illya narrowed his eyes. He considered your actions strange.

Really strange.

Even if Vasilyev had always had bad memory, you were acting like a completely different person from the Vasilyev he'd known.

Normally, Vasilyev had these dead, empty eyes as well.

Yours was... Without a doubt, innocent eyes.

Without a word, he leaves to his car. In which you followed him right away in fear of being left behind; your heart still racing.

After getting inside the car, Illya drove off as you just glanced at him; before looking away. In your opinion, it was easier to deal with the lookism characters.

At least they didn't know Vasilyev.

Though Illya was different. You were pretty sure he knew Vasilyev. VERY well you'd guess.

Judging by how much they despised each other.

How'd you get to the conclusion that they despised each other? Simple.

Vasilyev gets mad whenever Illya was mentioned and in your first meeting with Illya, he seemed to enjoy driving you into a corner before actually saving you.

You actually thought he was about to kill you.

Though, you wished you'd know something about their past. At least one thing. So that maybe, you can get what Illya is saying ninety nine percent of the time.

And, what did Illya mean earlier by not taking those pills again? Did Vasilyev use to take them or were you just over reading  his words?

You sighed.

Ah. You're getting dizzy from all this mess.

You shut your eyes, dozing off to sleep as Illya glanced at you from the rear window.

"Ha... Troublesome bastard.."

.
.
.
.