Vol 1. Forbode (2)

"We're here!"

"Ugh!"

You sighed, not liking what you saw one bit as you walked out of the bus. The instructors were waiting for you guys, telling you to line up. Looking at Mira, you let out a sigh. Come to think of it, she got in trouble the most out of all the girls in lookism. Well, it's not like it was her fault.

Throughout all the checks that the instructor put you guys through, you were easily let go off. When they saw that you brought nothing illegal. Whereas the other students were getting thoroughly checked. You widened your eyes as you saw them hide alcohol inside a pringles box, with some othere shenanigans.

You weren't feeling at ease though, your instructors were Zeus and Won Bin after all.

"There will be recreation time after you change into comfortable clothes! After your sleeping quarters are assigned, everyone wear your sports uniform and gather!" The instructors shouted.

You sighed. Well, the incident won't happen soon, so maybe you should try to have some fun in the meantime.

.

.

.

It was time for the talent shows. Your favourite part of this camp. The thing is, you've always wanted to hear Duke rapping, and it was about to come true today.

You yawned, sitting there with a bored look on your face as you watched the other departments. They weren't particularly as hype as the story made it seem. Rather, it was boring. Very boring.

You flinched when you felt someone press a cold drink against you, it was Jay Yeol. You grinned at him, and he sat next to you with a smile. He quietly offered you the drink and you took it. Looking at his behavior, there was a possibility that he wanted to be friends with you. Problem was, you weren't like Daniel. You couldn't understand Jay, at all.

"Jay, do you mind if I asked you a question?" You asked.

Jay shook his head frantically, as if telling you it was okay to ask.

"Are you.... Mute by any chance?"

Jay stood there for a moment, before perking up and flapping his hands to try to explain to you about something. Problem was, you didn't understand. Sipping your drink, you nodded with a smile. Fuck. This was why you didn't want to talk to Jay in real life.

Don't get it wrong. You loved Jay. He was cute and friendly and all. Only in the story. There was no way that you'd actually understand him, leading to an awkward conversation where one talks and the other doesn't understand. And this was exactly what was happening right now.

"..."

Jay stopped and stood still for a second, realising that you probably didn't understand him.

Ah.

You felt bad. Really bad. He was trying his best to get close to you, but you really didn't know how to get close to him as well. Uh. Maybe. You could try to get along with him? Even if he couldn't talk? It would be weird but, he was trying his best.

"Well, actually it doesn't matter. We're friends right?"

You said, sipping your drink. And Jay perked up with a grin. Friends.

The next talent show was your long awaited, Duke's. You flinched when you felt Jay lean on your shoulder, and you chuckled. Patting him. Duke was as expected, a talented person. One of the people whom you looked up to the most in the lookism verse. The rest of the rap, you enjoyed quietly. No talking or cheering. You watched Duke's performance in a daze, and somehow it didn't feel awkward with Jay despite the silence. Rather, it felt as if you were bonding over the tranquility.