Vol 1. Streaming (2)

You waited for a few more days in the convenience for the stalker to go after Zoe. In that time, you and Daniel got a bit closer than before.

"Your name's Daniel Park? I have a classmate with the exact same name."

As soon as you mentioned that, Daniel flinched and started chuckling awkwardly. He was visibly nervous.

"Y-Yeah. He's actually my roommate."

You observed him keenly, and there was something you noticed. Daniel is the worst at lying. How the hell did so many people believe him? They weren't even suspicious of him in the slightest as well.

"Damn plot armour.."

"What?"

You sighed. You've been eating noodles these days everyday.

"I really cant afford to live like this anymore."

You thought to yourself as you slurped up your noodles. You have to admit though, you've become the master of making instant noodles the past few days.

"Um... About your noodles.."

Daniel looked at you with an uneasy look on his face. As much as he was glad to see a familiar face every night. He was seriously worried about you. Like, seriously worried for your diet. Though, your food absolutely looked good to him, it was still too much.

"You want some?"

"Yes... Wait that's not the point!"

You chuckled and continued to slurp the noodles. After finishing it, you leaned back your chair with a satisfied stomach.

"M/n, I've always been curious but which country are you from?"

Daniel asked with a curious gummy smile. You really didn't expect this question. Since you were here undercover, should you lie? Or not?

"Uh... I don't know."

"Pardon?"

"You find it out yourself."

Daniel looked a bit confused, though you got it. You yourself would be annoyed f you someone answered you the way you just answered Daniel. You crossed your legs, resting your head in your hands.

"Daniel."

"Yes M/n?"

"I'll read your hand."

"Awesome. You can do that?"

Daniel shyly reached his hand out with a gullible smile, blushing a bit. You grabbed his hand and spread it out, looking at it awfully carefully. Truth is, you don't really know how to read hands. You were just bored.

"Daniel, what do you want to know about in your future?"

"Really? Anything?"

You nodded and he started to think carefully. He must be thinking of someone else, most probably his mom. You knew because that's just the kind of character Daniel is.

"Then... I'd like to know if.. My financial situation will be better later?"

He was probably thinking his mother would be less burdened if their financial issues were a bit more greater in the future. You calmly traced the lines of his hands as if you were actually reading something. This bastard probably doesn't know how well off he'd be in the future.

"I can see that... You'd get into a lot of fights, and earn money along the journey of fights."

Daniel's face was a bit flushed, feeling a bit ticklish at the contact. He pondered to himself for a moment. He's probably thinking your reading was inaccurate, since every fight he has had have been and always will be a brutal one sided beat down. Or that's what he's thinking.

"It's up to you whether you believe me or not. Your future won't change either ways."

"Ah- No.. I believe you. Thanks..."

You chuckled, he was seriously thanking you for your fake reading. He's really the type to get scammed easily huh.

"M/n, I heard you beat Jiho's bullies the other day. Was it true?"

"What? Who told you that?"

"Jiho did."

"You guys know each other?"

Daniel flinched as he heard that question. He had a terrified expression. Of course, he didn't know Jiho in the fat body. Only in the big body. Your interference kind of caused them not to meet in this body of his at all.

"Ah no! I meant, Jiho told Daniel!"

You chuckled. His panicked reactions are really funny since you knew the truth. Though, it was just as you expected. Jiho has been running around and telling everyone about how he's your best pal and how you beat up Zack's minions.

"That guy really likes to run his mouth."

"So you beat them up?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"I see.. I also heard you crushed Doo Lee's phone. Thank you."

Daniel smiled genuinely. So that's why he was approaching you these days in school, he was thankful to you. Who deleted his blackmail photos.

"It's not much. Were you also bullied by them?"

"A little."

He chuckled and straightened his back as soon as he saw a customer walk in. It was Gangnam Landlord. You froze in you place when he put the alcohol and kitchen knife at the counter. The time came. The time Zoe's life is in danger.

.

.

.

.

.

.