Yesterday has passed and Rhaenyra is currently reading her book at the godswood, below the red colored leaves of the tree along with a musician playing just beside the tree, playing a harp majestically to perform for the princess as she reads. Just when Rhaenyra was about to turn a page, a voice called out to her, "Rhaenyra?"

With Rhaenyra knowing whose voice it is, she sighed and didn't bother to tear her eyes away from what she's reading, "Yes, my queen?"

Alicent heard this and she knows that the title she received lacked the sincerity. She took a step, "You may leave us now, Mar." She said to the musician. The boy stumbled on his seat and immediately gathered his things, "Stay, Marcellus. I have not yet given you the order to go, haven't I?" She eyed him. Feeling terrified for his life, he stopped midway of standing up. He was lost for words while his eyes widened towards the princess.

"The queen orders you to, Marcellus. You are free to go." Alicent spoke in a stern voice, making the boy scurried on his feet, not bothering to wait for the princess' response. Rhaenyra eyed the boy in disappointment as he hurriedly leave the godswood, leaving her and the queen. She sighed, "Must you really send him away?" The princess asked.

"His purpose will be a matter of trifle once I tell you why I'm here." Alicent held her arms together.

Rhaenyra raised her eyebrows lifting her chin up to take a better look at the queen, "And pray do tell."

"The king, your father wants you to meet the other hightower relatives. They are currently at the Throne hall." The queen replied. Rhaenyra looked back to her book and answered, "No thank you, your grace. I find myself perfectly fine here." She flipped a page.

"Rhaenyra, it won't take too much of your time."

"It's not about the time I worry. But, if her grace insist, I must really go, do I?" She closed the book with a thud and forced a sarcastic smile on the queen. She stood up and grabbed her book while Alicent stood there watching her. She dusted her dress before stepping forward. "You're going to meet my nieces and nephews, come now." Alicent spoke, waiting for the princess to match her destination. The princess rolled her eyes and sighed at how she felt like a toddler being called by her mother, she stormed off with her anyway.

"Ah, there she is." The king spoke from his iron throne once Rhaenyra stepped foot inside the throne hall with Alicent just right beside her. All heads turned behind to see the purple eyed princess slowly approach them with displeasure and a small forced smile on her lips. "My daughter, Rhaenyra Targaryen." All heads bowed down at the presence of the princess. The Hightowers included. Otto along with a teenage boy and girl that's just about her age and an aged man and two women stood and bowed their heads in curtsy.

"A pleasure to meet you, princess Rhaenyra. I am Lord Amber from Hightower." The grown man who's just about 6 foot approached the princess and asked for her hand to which she lend out for him to kiss. "This is my wife, Aleah, and my sister Agnhez." He stepped aside to show a woman with blonde hair wearing a green floral dress, she smiled at the princess. Then next is the woman beside the two teenagers, she looked more similar to Alicent. Has the same features, the eyes, the hair, except she seems to be an inch taller than the queen. The princess' purple eyes switched to the red haired teen girl and boy. They gave the princess a nod and a greeting.

"This is Gwenyth and Jafar, my daughter and son. Just about your age, princess." Amber introduced. Both of his children approached Rhaenyra, Gwenyth bent her knee in an act of curtsy while Jafar also asked the princess for a kiss on her hand. Alicent smiled but a feeling of discomfort and unlikeness towards her nephew's action was felt. She realized this and she quickly slapped herself mentally. It's probably only because of her protectiveness towards her own step-daughter. Yes, maybe that was it. So to her, she didn't pay much attention to it and let it pass.

The princess smiled and nodded towards the two who are just about her age. She glanced at her father right after, waiting for him to say something else further because she didn't appreciate coming all the way here by interrupting her good read just to introduce each and everyone's name.

"Rhaenyra, would you and Alicent please accompany them to where they will be staying?" The king asked which the queen and Rhaenyra knew wasn't a request but a demand covered with a sweet tone and manner. The princess clenched her jaw while her step-mother glanced at her from behind. The young purple eyed forced a smile and nodded anyway, "Yes, your grace." She glanced at the Hightowers before her with a fake smile. She nodded towards them as a sign for them to follow her and Alicent.

ANFTA

Go save and read Game of the Wicked, a wlw romance-fantasy! check my profile.