Chapter 5

"You called, your grace?" She speaks firm and formally before her father who sits on the throne.

"Rhaenyra.." He murmured. "Where were you?" He asked

The silver haired girl glanced at Dorcas behind her before looking back to her father, "Godswood."

The king stared at her for a moment, "The council and I had decided about something."

Rhaenyra only looked at him expressionless, seemingly uninterested to what his father is about to say. The king noticed this expression on his daughter's face so he sighed.

"When you look at the dragons, what do you see?" The king suddenly asked.

Rhaenyra rose her eyebrows, "What? You haven't spoken a word to me since Mother's funeral, and no-"

"Answer me. It's important. What do you see?"

Rhaenyra fell quiet. She gave the hand of the king a glance and then back to the king who sits on his throne.

"I suppose I see us." She answered after swallowing a lump on her throat.

"Tell me."

Alaric watches Rhaenyra along with the others. The princess frowned as she does not see where this conversation is going but she follows her father, "Everyone says Targaryens are closer to gods than to men, but they say that because of our dragons. Without them, we're just like everyone else."

His father nods, he thinks for a moment before speaking, "The idea that we control the dragons is an illusion. They're a power man should never have trifled with. One that brought Valyria its doom."

The king suddenly stands from his throne while Rhaenyra averts her eyes somewhere else when the king started to climb down and approach her slowly.

"If we don't mind our own histories, it will do the same to us. Targaryen must understand this to be King... or Queen." He continued

The last word made the princess turn her eyes to him again sharply.

"I'm sorry, Rhaenyra. I have wasted the years since you were born wanting for a son." He looked at her daughter with sympathy, stopping in front of her.

"You are the very best of your mother." He paused as he looks into his daughter's purple eyes. "And I believe it, I know she did, that you could be a great ruling queen."

The princess' breath hitched as her eyes widened a bit, "D-Daemon is your heir."

"Daemon was not made to wear the crown." He paused waiting for her daughter's reaction to see if she understands, "But I believe that you were." He placed a hand on her daughter's shoulder.

Dorcas' lips parted before she tug a smile on her face after hearing the conversation.

The next day, there Dorcas and the dear princess inside a room as the blonde dresses the silver haired girl.

"You would make such a fine queen.." Her friend murmured to her as she ties the dress behind Rhaenyra.

"You think so?" She asked as she looks at herself through the mirror before them.

"Of course." Replied the blonde.

After getting ready, they made their way towards the throne room.

The guards gave them a bow before opening the doors for them. Dorcas stands behind the princess as she follows while all eyes inside the throne room are on the both of them.

Her father stands up with a proud look on his face as he awaits for them to come closer.

When they reached before the throne, Dorcas stepped aside to stand beside the crowd as she watches her dear friend proudly.

Corlys approaches the front and knelt on one knee, "I, Corlys Velaryon, Lord of the Tides and Master of Driftmark, promise to be faithful to King Viserys and his named heir, the Princess Rhaenyra."

The people inside the throne room watches as Rhaenyra only stands before them all, her fingers fidgeting on her stomach.

"I pledge fealty to them and shall defend them against all enemies in good faith and without deceit." He recited. "I swear this by the old gods and the new." Then he stands.

Then comes Hobert Hightower who also knelt on one knee. "I, Lord Hobert Hightower, Beacon of the South, Defender of the Citadel, and Voice of Oldtown, promise to be faithful to King Viserys and his named heir, the Princess Rhaenyra."

Rhaenyra stands among the nobles as she continues to watch them, waiting for them to finish.

"I pledge fealty to them and shall defend them against all enemies in good faith and without deceit. I swear this by the old gods and the new." He then stands.

All people inside the room bowed their heads in respect and acceptance, some even clapped.
The king stood beside Rhaenyra and smiled at the people as he observes them.

Rhaenyra forced a smile upon her face and met her friend's eyes. Dorcas gave her a single nod to which she reciprocated.

ANFTA 

Yes, I've used their scenes this time.