Chapter 38

"Rhaenyra, for the love of gods!" Dorcas screamed from the bottom of her lungs as Syrax brought them straight up the sky. She clung onto the Targaryen as if there would be no more tomorrow to attend to. She heard Rhaenyra laugh while they both ride Syrax

Winds blowing their hairs away and is pushing them aback by force of gravity and pressure. The blonde felt annoyed that her friend is having too much fun by terrifying her, "You're laughing? You're laughing- why, you-" She stopped herself when Rhaenyra led Syrax downwards in such ultimate speed, having them three drop down. Dorcas screamed, almost breaking the princess' eardrums in front of her

"Alright! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" Dorcas gagged. She instinctively placed a hand on her mouth to cover it, feeling nauseous. Rhaenyra smirked when she noticed the almost vomiting sound that her friend just made. She instructed once more for Syrax to straighten its direction and fly calmly. Now are flying horizontally.

"Oh, please- princess, I beg of you- bring us down!" Dorcas cried out while out of breath. She tried to look at the bottom– unlucky her, she shouldn't have. The girl almost passed out at the sight of the height they're currently on. Rhaenyra let out a laugh once more, seeming to forget the situation earlier at the castle. With Syrax, she feels free and untouchable. Like, she could go anywhere she wants with no bother and worry. 

"Calm down, it's alright." She smiled

Dorcas panicked behind her, "Alright? Calm down?" The blonde sounded frustrated, making it even more funny. 

"Dorcas. You ride with me and Syrax.." Rhaenyra paused and she looked over her shoulder, "Do you trust us?" She asked

Dorcas gulped for a moment while panting heavily. She looked around to see them get through the clouds, she found it herself amused and startrucked all of a sudden so she sighed and looked back at the princess. With much hesitation to answer despite that she truly does trust them, it's just that she's never done dragonback riding before, she answered "Yes." 

The sound of the wind blowing was heard, "Yes, I trust you.. and Syrax." They heard the dragon purr, gently and slowly shaking its head. 

They both noticed this so Dorcas leaned forward to her friend to take a glimpse of the dragon. Rhaenyra smiled knowingly at Syrax while Dorcas smiled in amusement, "She liked that." Rhaenyra informed.

"Yes, I suppose she did." Dorcas smiled in pure amazement. She leaned back and her eyes then wandered to her surroundings. Nothing but clouds and a dark blue sky with stars and moon. She felt her breath hitch at the sight.

"Rhaenyra.." She gasped softly

"I know." Also admiring the view

"I now know why you often ride so much.. a ride of ships and horses could not match this." The blonde's mouth stayed agape. There was a long silence and the sound of wind gushing through.

"I've always wanted to bring you here and ride Syrax with me.." Rhaenyra chuckled silently.