Volume 1 Chapter 7: Jaunedice

Date: November 17, XXXX

Time: 12:00 PM

Location: Cafeteria

''So, there we were in the middle of the night.''

''It was day.''

''We were surrounded by Ursa's.''

''They were Beowolves.''

''Dozen's of them!''

''Two of them.''

Ren clarified his partner. After Glynda's combat class ended in Jaune's defeat, they were dismissed by their professor and headed toward the cafeteria to have their lunch. This was when Nora began her story.

''But they were no match, and in the end. Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of lien selling Ursa skin rugs!''

''She's been having this recurring dream for nearly a week now.''

Ren explained further. While that was happening, Jaune was in a bad mood. Having been defeated by Cardin again. He was contemplating how he should improve as a fighter without intervention from his friends, which caught the attention of his partner, Pyra, and friend Ruby.

''Jaune, are you okay?''

''Huh? Oh yeah, why?''

''It's just that you seem a little not, okay.''

Ruby pointed out, which caught the attention of everyone. Trying to play it cool, Jaune held his hands up to express that he was fine.

''Guys. I'm fine, seriously. Look!''

Smiling at his friends the best he could. Jaune hoped he'd convince them, but that wasn't the case.

''Jaune. Cardin has been picking on you the entire first week of school.''

''Who Cardin Winchester? He likes to mess around, you know. Practical jokes.''

He responded, wanting to keep his problem to himself. But everyone knew that wasn't the case. They have seen Team CRDL bully other students as well. And the ones that would stop them were Team AZUR, hence why they were so popular.

''He's a bully.''

''Oh, please. Name one time Cardin bullied me.''

With pleasure, Jaune. There was that time your shield got stuck on a door frame. Because Cardin secretly pressed the change button of your weapon. Oh! What about that time when Cardin pushed you into a locker? Inputting some codes and launching you into the Emerald Forest.