Volume 1 Chapter 2: Beacon Academy

Date: November 7, XXXX

Time: 8:20 AM

Location: Vale Airship

"The robbery was led by nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick, who continues to evade authorities."

A newscaster narrated. Afterward, a holographic picture of the wanted criminal was placed on screen for everyone to see.

"If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Vale Police Department. Back to you, Lisa."

"Thank you, Cyril."

Lisa Lavender responded, the news anchor of Vale News Network Live. Appearing on screen, the reporter straightened her posture before presenting her report.

"In other news, this Saturday's Faunus Civil Rights protest turned dark when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony. The once peaceful organization has now disrupted-"

Cutting the news reporter off was the headmistress of Beacon Academy, Glynda Goodwitch.

"Hello, and welcome to Beacon! My name is Glynda Goodwitch."

The headmistress introduced herself, gaining the attention of the entire crowd.

"You are among a privileged few. Who has received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy. Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace as future Huntsmen and Huntresses. You have to uphold it."

The headmistress explained. This garnered mixed views from the crowd; some were ecstatic, others were concerned, but for a group of four young boys, this was all they asked for.

"You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now, it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and training to protect our world."

Shortly after the explanation, the headmistress's image disappeared from the screen. Soon after, the crowd then continued to converse amongst themselves. This left a group of four boys to contemplate the circumstances they were in and also their thoughts about the headmistress of the academy.

"So, first thoughts?"

"I hope we receive plenty of time to study."

"Looking forward to worthy foes here in this academy."

"Bruders, look!"

Looking at the windows, the four saw a beautiful view of Vale. The bustling city had a lot going for it: infrastructure, equal rights, and much more for everyone.

"The city sure looks beautiful."

"Jawohl."