Sit back

Kayla woke up the next morning. Did her usual morning routine but was scared to step out of her room. How would she react to seeing Jayden. She didn't want people to know she ever talked with him. She wanted to keep a low profile.

However, she went out. And after lectures she went to the cafeteria with her friends and they sat round a table eating. Riya and Stella only told her that the date went okay without any details at all. She felt suspicious but didn't want to come off nosy.

    Not long after, Jayden and his crew walked into the cafeteria, they walked to the food counter only taking bottles of drinks and went back to their seats. Jayden was still at the food counter, after taking a bottle as well, he turned. Only for a boy who was holding a tray of food to collid into Jayden spilling some of the food on Jayden's shirt.

Everyone in the cafeteria immediately went silent. Everyone's eyes were now watching to see what would happy. Kayla also turned to watch.

Jayden stood silently looking at his stained shirt while the boy was already a shaking mess. He knew he was in trouble.
" I'm so sorry. Please forgive me . Please" he pleaded his voice trembling.

Jayden calmly placed his can drink back on the food counter. The other set of the dreaded four were watching from their seats. Jayden turned back to look at the boy who was shaking in fear. Before anyone knew what was happening, Jayden had grabbed the boy's neck with his left hand strangling him. Kayla gasped.

    The boy was struggling to breath, but Jayden lifted him from the ground still holding his neck. The boy's face had become red , he was slowly dieing. Robin, Chloe and Martin sat, drinking unbothered.

' Won't anyone do something?'  Kayla thought as she looked around to see if anyone would try to help the boy, besides it was an accident. But there was no one going to help him. Some watched with pity, others just murmured between themselves, the ones that angered Kayla were the ones laughing. That could easily be anybody else, even herself.

Kayla couldn't watch such a horrible scene anymore. She stood up immediately and her chair screeched loudly as she pushed it backward to stand up. All eyes were now on her. Stella and Riya started trying to hide their faces

Jayden looked at Kayla still not letting the almost dead boy go. Kayla avoided anyone's eyes and picked up her bag in attempt to walk out.
" Sit back" A female voice rang. When Kayla looked, it was Chloe.

Chloe was standing with her hands folded across her chest. Kayla remained standing as she stared back at Chloe. She had heard how evil Chloe was and didn't want to be the next victim, yet she refused to be bullied. She kept her eyes on Chloe

" I said sit" Chloe yelled in anger and ' thud ' a loud sound. When they looked. Jayden had dropped the boy on the floor and he was now coughing and struggling to breath. Jayden stared directly at Kayla.

The way everywhere went silent, Kayla could literally hear her own heartbeat. She was scared. Did she just become a prey of the dreaded four? What was she thinking? She shouldn't have gotten up, or at least she should have sat down the first time Chloe asked her to.

Just then, Jayden strolled towards Kayla
" Sit" he said calmly but authoritatively. Kayla stared at him a little confused, she had thought Jayden would be nicer to her since they had gotten along a little but she was wrong, how could she be that stupid?

Kayla took her steps back and sat. She looked at Max, Stella and Riya, they were trying to act like they didn't know her. ' wow'  she thought. Her friends wouldn't even stand by her, well, they warned her, so she couldn't blame them. She had no intention of dragging them into her mess anyway.

She appreciated how nice they've been to her before. Jayden turned around and walked out of the cafeteria. Chloe glared at Kayla before walking out as well, followed by Martin. Robin walked to the food counter, picked up Jayden's can drink and left too.

Immediately, the cafeteria burst out into deafening noise, everyone talking about what just happened. Some people went to help the boy up from the ground, while cleaners came to clean the mess on the floor.

Kayla was shocked when two girls walked up to her, she raised her face to look at the girls who had approached her.
" You. you think we all don't know what you're trying to do?" One said. Kayla was disgusted when she looked at them, she had no time to argue with anyone at the moment.

She looked at her friends and it was obvious they were not going to stand up for her. She got up and walked out of the cafeteria, ignoring everyone.

* * *

Later that same day. Kayla walked up to Stella and Riya who stood by a tree talking. When Kayla got to them, they stopped talking and looked at her
" Hi" Kayla said with a tight smile. Stella smiled back but Kayla could see it was forced.

She didn't want to talk about what happened at the cafeteria, she wanted to see if they didn't mind.
" You girls... Um.. didn't tell me anything about what you were out doing, the other day" Kayla asked
" Um... I didn't think it was necessary" Stella replied.

Kayla looked at Riya but Riya was looking elsewhere, not sparing her a glance. Kayla sighed
" I know you guys are mad at me and might not want to hang out with me anymore" Kayla said but they didn't say anything
" If you guys don't want to hang out with me anymore, I'll understand. I never meant to drag you guys into trouble" Kayla said again and finally Riya looked at her and spoke.

" Good. Kayla. Because really? What were you thinking? The whole of the dreaded four now knows you, and Chloe? Of course, she has you in mind already. And I don't want to get into any mess. We did warn you" She said raising her voice. Stella was quiet, she didn't want to be rude but she was scared.

" I get it. I won't drag you down with me then" Kayla said and then walked away.

She had just lost her friends, now once again. She was all alone. She has now decided to be as quiet as possible and not attract any more attention to herself. Yes she was scared, but she wouldn't let anyone bully her again. She would not become a victim once again.

Staying away from Jayden was currently her biggest goal.

Ummm. You all were happy she had friends then and I knew this was coming so......  I was awkward with replying to you. Sorry 😁

Well.... Let's see how things go.

Please vote & comment. 🖤