The Library

Kayla Miles is 19. In her 2nd year in Reigns Uni, which was actually hell for her. She had so many bullies including boys and girls. She had escaped rape twice and things were getting worse every day.

After much persuasion. Kayla was transferred from Reigns Uni to another Uni. Reigns Uni wasn't far away from Kayla's home so she usually took a cab or bus to school and back. Quick info. She was on half scholarship.

Her mother works at a supermarket part-time. Her father owned a car mechanical workshop, it wasn't very successful but it was okay. Her grandmother lived with them.

    Now that Kayla had been transferred to another school, things had to change. The school was a 6hrs drive away from her parents home. And now she'll have to live in the dorm.
Her parents were reluctant to let her go to somewhere far away since she has never gone far from them before, but they finally agreed to it.

She was now to start her 3rd year in the new school called
' Hover dove University'.  It was the first semester of the year. Meaning alot of other new students just got into the school although they were mostly first year students. It seemed she was the only third year student coming in.

*
*
*

  I felt so happy now that I had finally left Reigns Uni and I was excited. I anticipated the life that awaits me. This was the first time I'll be living in campus and I'm in a different state from my parents.

  I did all the necessary things to be done once I got to the school and I was directed to my dorm. Getting there I saw girls walking to and fro discussing, they were all beautifully dressed. Of course, it was a school filled with people from wealthy families. I just hoped it wouldn't be like my Reigns Uni.

As I walked in the hallway with my luggage, eyes darted to me but I just ignored and headed forward as I checked the numbers above the doors trying to find my room. I was on a slightly baggy denim trouser and white Snickers with an oversized sweatshirt. My hair was on a loosed ponytail.

I dragged my luggage until I found my room and I quickly opened it with the keys given to me. When I got in, it was empty, except for a bed, a built-in closet and a reading desk and chair. I closed the door behind me looking around. The bed was by the window and the reading table was in front of the window. The closer was on same side with the table but it was close to the door.

I sighed and started unpacking my luggage. I had expected to have roommates but it seemed I was the only one. This school seemed to be twice bigger than Reigns University and I prayed within that I could hide and be invisible in it's size and not get noticed by anyone.

I was sure I wouldn't catch attention though since i had decided to try to look unimportant. I decided I wouldn't wear any makeup while I'm here and I also brought only clothes that covered me completely, leaving every even slightly exposing dress I had at home

I wanted to be as careful as possible, especially since I was far away from home
' What awaits me was up to me' I thought to myself.

* * *

   Kayla woke up when the time clicked ' 5:30am'. She took her bath and got dressed in a similar oversized shirt as the one she wore before. She also wore a similar Jean and then wore the same Snickers. She packed her hair into a ponytail not allowing anyone stray outside the scrunchie she used.

She bit her bottom lip as she stared at herself in the mirror. She was beautiful, even withy a single trace of makeup on her face. Her lashes were long. Sometimes she wished she didn't look this pretty. It drew way too much unwanted attention to her. Not just her face but her body was also beautiful with curves.

At least she could hide her body under these baggy clothes. She's been bullied over the years, wasn't it supposed to be a good thing? But for her it wasn't. Once she refused hanging out with anyone they'd turn against her and make her life hell.

   She had natural pink lips and brunette hair. She carried a small backpack and wore it on her back, she picked the school map she had been given and stared at it.

" Don't get worried, everything would be fine. No one would see you, you won't be noticed" She tried to encourage herself.

It was now '6:00am' but everywhere was still quite deserted so she decided to use the opportunity in touring the school before 8:00am when classes would start. She came out of her room and locked the door outside before keeping the key in the pocket of her trouser.

She walked out of the dorm, the day light wasn't bright, she could hear crickets as she walked on the fields. It was so large, she looked at the map and headed towards a huge building.

      Kayla entered the building. It was the library. A smile appeared on her lips as she looked around. it was huge with so many books, it had two more floors above. The ceiling was high up. She looked towards the stairs and smiled widely.

There were a lot of tables with chairs properly arranged around them. Kayla hurriedly ran to the stairs and started climbing up trailing her fingers on the railing but she stopped
' Don't get carried away, you have other places to explore. Just go and you can always come back here later' she told herself and then walked down the stairs.

      She decided to leave but then her eyes caught a glimpse of a door by the side. It could probably be the rest room but yet Kayla wanted to see what was inside. The sun wasn't out yet making the library look dull and there was no light on.
   Kayla took slow steps towards the door. It seemed a bit hidden as it was almost behind a shelf.

Getting to the door, she opened it and slowly peeked in but what welcomed her eyes was thick darkness. Although she was frightened, her curiosity held more power. She stepped in and the door closed on its own.

*
*
Official first chapter is out.... I'm so excited for this. Please tell me what y'all think