Miss Miles

Kayla went to the cafeteria and saw Max already seated while he operated his phone. She walked to him and sat " Hi Max" Kayla said and Max raised his face to look at her. A smile forming on his lips.
" Kayla... Good morning" he said and kept his phone in his pocket
" Good morning" she replied.
" Stella told me that they wouldn't be coming" Max said.
" Yeah. She told me too" Kayla responded almost sad.

She looked at the table to see that Max had already gotten food for both of them
" You got mine too?" She asked looking at him
" Yeah" He shrugged smiling at her.
" Thanks Max " she said giving him a small smile.
" I'll have to visit the library immediately I'm done eating" she added and he nodded.

They both started eating. They were quiet for a while. Max tried bringing up topics for them to talk about but Kayla kept giving short replies. She took Max as a friend but she just wasn't used to hanging out with guys.

..

    Later that day. Kayla entered the library and it was quiet, of cause it's a library. There were only a few people in sight. She climbed to the second floor. Kayla walked to a secluded area. She walked to a chair and table and dropped her bag on it then walked towards the shelves.

She went in between the shelves looking at the books. She felt very bored. She had planned to study, but getting here, she changed her mind, deciding to just entertain herself instead.

She saw a book tittled  ' The highway man '. She brought it out of the shelf looking at the cover and then turned it to the back reading what it was about. A small smile appeared on her face. But just then she felt warmth from behind her and she automatically could tell someone was standing behind her.

She turned around slowly and again. It was Jayden. ' What does he want from me now? I already gave him his jacket' She thought.

He moved closer making her rest her back against the shelf but he only came closer and placed his left hand on the shelf behind her.
" Wh..wha. .. what do ... You want?" Kayla asked frightened but Jayden just stared down at her.

  ' He looked gorgeous as hell and he smelt so good' Kayla thought staring at him.
" Why does my jacket smell like you?" Jayden asked all of a sudden pulling Kayla out of her thought. She stared at him blankly.
" Why... Does my jacket, smell.. like you?" He asked again, stressing on each word. He looked impatient.

" Bu.. but it doesn't.." she said in a hurry and dropped her gaze.
" It does" Jayden stated. And Kayla raised her head to see that he was frowning.
' What was there to be so mad about? It's just a scent'  She thought in confusion.

"Um.. wait. Calm down" Kayla said. Was he going to harm her?
" It was a mistake. You lended it to me so I just washed it. I didn't mean to get my scent on it" Kayla explained hoping he'd understand. This wasn't him trying to set her up so he'd make her life miserable right? Her eyes were becoming teary as he didn't say anything.

She didn't want to get embarrassed in public like the girl they told her about.
   Jayden watched her. He wasn't angry. This was just an excuse to get close to her. He liked her scent. He slowly lifted his hand to touch her face starring directly at her.

   Kayla who was still scared did not protest against his touch. She just allowed him not knowing what to do.
" What's your name?" He asked calmly.
" Kayla. Kayla Miles" She replied stuttering
" Kayla" Jayden repeated softly.

She didn't quite get it but she liked the way he called her name.
  Jayden then withdrew his hand stepping backward a little
" So miss Miles. I'm not mad about your scent getting on my jacket. I quite like it. And... You don't have to be scared of me. I won't hurt you" He said and then turned walking away.

Kayla stood watching him leave. She couldn't understand what just transpired in a short time.
" It's Kayla" she shouted loudly as soon as she realized what he called her.

Jayden heard her and simply smiled as he walked off while Kayla stood holding the book against her chest.
  She couldn't read the novel anymore suddenly loosing interest in it.

..

Kayla went back to her room and laid on her bed starring at the ceiling.
  The dream she had suddenly coming back to her. She immediately picked up her phone and saw that her mom had replied . She read it

( Dear.. thanks for checking on us. We are okay, you shouldn't worry about us. However we are worried about you. Don't forget to tell us if anything goes wrong okay? No matter how little it is ).

Kayla felt relieved knowing everything was fine at home. Maybe it was just an ordinary dream after all. She texted again telling her mom she was okay and school was great. Just then she remembered Stella and Riya . She tried calling them but both their lines were not reachable.

She got worried. She tried many times but still to no avail, so she sent an SMS each to them asking if they were fine and to reply once they receive the message.

She knew Stella would only meet the guy at night which meant they might still be doing what they said they'd be doing.

Kayla tried navigating through Instagram but again she just couldn't get herself to find anything interesting. She then went to YouTube. The first video on her homepage was tittled
" How to identify a vampire "
She looked at it for a while thinking why such a random video popped up in her feed since she never watched such videos.

She scrolled past it and went ahead to watch vlogs. And she soon fell asleep while the video played on.

It only gets better guys, I promise. I know this story is kinda slow but...... You'll see

Please vote & comment 💚