Barista Boy Pt. 2

EVERETT POV

I walk into the family owned coffee shop hoping Athena would be at the counter. It in fact is not her, and the thought alone of this immature boy being behind the counter with her has me fuming.

"Um.. Athena? It's for you." He says while eyeing me up and down.

She turns around and smiles at me, it does little to calm me, but still helps in the slightest. She finishes making the coffee she's currently making and delivers it while I have a seat. I didn't want to make her come get my order, but I also knew that being within the vicinity of this "Jason" guy (I read his name tag) would have me balling my fists.

Soon, she walks over to me. "You know, you don't have to come in here every time i'm working."

"I know, but I like to." I give a tight lipped smile.

"Is something wrong?" She asks.

"We can talk about it when you get home." Seeing her anxious expression, I quickly add "It's nothing bad, love."

Calling it home with her was a stretch. I still wasn't totally sure how she felt about me. She seemed comfortable enough after last night, but I still can't assume. She didn't seem to mind.

"Alright then, what would you like to order Everett?" She gives me a grin, I love how she says my name.

I give her my order and she retreats back behind the counter. I keep a close eye on her before trying to distract myself by taking out my laptop, planning to get some work done.

When I look up next, I'm baffled. Does this guy not take social cues? Jason is striding towards me nervously, carrying my coffee and muffin. He reaches my table and begins to set everything down.

"Go back." I state firmly.

"..What?" He asks, confused.

"I said go back. What about that do you not understand?" I emphasize.

"Sir um.. you need your food, right?"

"Yes, go back and have Athena bring it to me. I don't want you here." I scowl.

He sighs and goes back behind the counter, they exchange hushed whispers.

"This guy is a total ass. I get he's your boss but why let him treat you like shit?" Jason asks. My fists clench on their own as I listen.

"Don't say that. He doesn't treat me like shit. He's just like that with.. other people, I guess." My heart swells as she defends me.

"Still, he could have some manners. Or at least be civil, you know?"

"Hm, I guess so. I don't really mind it, he's really sweet. Believe me." I watch her shrug as she walks over to my table.

She sets my coffee and muffin back down, and as she goes to pull her arm back I gently grab hold of it, pulling her in.

"You think I'm sweet, Athena?" She shivers in response, blushing furiously.

"I um, didn't know you were listening."

"I'll see you after work, baby."

She continues her job for the rest of her shift, I stay focused on the task at hand which is sorting through documents from a company that recently merged with mine.

Once it was time for her shift to end, I walked over to the counter and I witnessed something that made my blood boil. His hand was on her shoulder. There was surely no need for that, ever.

I make eye contact with her and I feel like her eyes are pleading with me not to make a scene.

"Athena, baby. Are you ready to go home?"

"Hang on Ev, let me grab my stuff from the back." She disappears behind a wall and I walk up to Jason. Call me immature, I don't care.

"Baby? Home? What's this about dude."

"What was that about, dude? Your hand on her shoulder, really?"

"Someone's jealous." He mumbles.

I get closer to him. "Listen, Jace."

"It's Jason."

"Yea yea, well I have nothing to be jealous about. I have an absolutely beautiful and genuine girl and her adorable little sister living with me, and I couldn't be happier. I'm not worried about you or anyone else. Next time, don't project your insecurities onto someone else."

Just after I finish my rant, Athena walks back out. I grab her by her waist and kiss her before walking away. We make it to the car with no shared words, but as soon as we get into the car, it's a different story.

I turn the car on and begin to drive. "Does Jason like you?"

"Not that I know of. Is that what this is about?"

"Would you like him to fuck you, Athena?"

"Absolutely not!"

"Who owns you? Who's the only one who can touch you and make you feel good?"

"You, sir." She whispers.

"Louder, Athena. It's only you and me in this car, don't be ashamed." My hand leaves the wheel to caress her thigh. She gasps.

"Y-you own me. You're the only one who can.. touch me and make me feel good." She hurries out the last part.

"There's a good girl. Want me to show you that i'm the only one, hm?" I take my eyes off the road to find her looking down at my hand, a red tint covering her precious face.

"Answer me when I ask you a question." I slap her thigh lightly.

"Yes sir, I do."

̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊
909 words
thank you for reading!!