Amelia

ATHENA POV

Never, in any dimension, would I have expected my arrogant boss to utter any words to turn me on. Much less anything that contained "little girl" in them. I hoped he hadn't seen the way my cheeks tinged pink, the way my legs grew closer together to create some friction.

Surely, he would fire me, even if the words articulated were said by he himself. Having such a reaction to my boss was highly unprofessional and I needed to keep myself in check. I swallowed thickly, muttering an apology for my apparent disrespect.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you." He demanded, and so I did. I wasn't sure, though, whether it was my need to not be fired or the dominant aura that seemed to flow off of him that made me abide.

I need to keep my job, I repeated in my head. I need to, I need to, I need to. But he was making it very, very difficult.

"Now apologize properly."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Wallace."

"You're forgiven." And then he left, out of his office and probably out of the building. Was he as affected as I was?

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

I had today off at the cafe and went home immediately after work. I was too nervous to meet Mr. Wallace's eyes as I left. What if he had seen my reaction? I wondered as I walked to my apartment. It was a wonder I hadn't gotten fired already, somehow I fit into the job perfectly even though I met none of the qualifications. I had never gone to college, not enough money and.. other stuff.

It was a pretty simple job, a large work flow, but simple. The only reason other, more qualified, people had gotten fired was probably because they were caught on the short end of Mr. Wallace's grumpyness.

I got a call and smiled as I looked at the caller ID, Amelia. She had been my best friend since middle school. She knew about my home life and never judged me for it. She stood by my side and defended me to the bullies in high school. Some nights she would help me take care of baby Hera when I needed some sleep and dad was away somewhere for the night, probably a bar. She never forgot about me, even when I moved a few towns over.

She had a beautiful complexion and long, course hair that she usually had in braids with fun pretty colors. She always wore expensive flashy clothes, and lent me some frequently when dad didn't have enough money to get me clothes that actually fit me. She was the most gorgeous girl I knew, but I was perplexed as to why she was calling. I hit answer.

"HEY BITCH!!" She squealed as I picked up.

"What's up beautiful?" I smile and bite my tongue to hold back a giggle. She was always so full of energy.

"Sooo I did some thinking," She trailed off.

"Oh well that's never a good thing," I retorted. I heard her laugh.

"And I think we should go out tonight! I know you've been working super hard and you deserve a break. What do you think?"

"Umm I don't know, I am off work at the cafe today but I'd have to find someone to watch Hera." I put the phone between my shoulder and ear as I unlocked the apartment door.

"Oh well, I'm turning onto your street now so make up your mind soon!" And with that she hung up, not giving me much room for decision.

She showed up at my door a few minutes after the call ended and gave me a bone-crushing hug.

"Where's my favorite little girl?!" She pushed past me and ran around my apartment in search for Hera. She opened Hera's door and a scream was heard, i'm unsure from which girl. Maybe both. It was clear they had missed each other.

"You're getting so big!!" Amelia yelled from the other room.

I took the time that they were taking to call Georgia's mother. I was still unsure if I wanted to go out tonight, so I didn't mind if she said yes or no.

"Hey sweetheart, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Hi Mrs. Andrew's, I was wondering if you could take Hera for the night?"

"SLEEPOVER?!" I heard Hera yell excitedly, Mrs. Andrew's probably heard it too as she laughed.

"Of course dear, what time can I pick her up?"

"Does six work for you? Thank you so much for this." I say gratefully.

"I'll be there!" She hangs up. I look to see Amelia holding Hera's hand as they walk to the kitchen together.

"Where are you going, thena?" Hera asks out of curiosity.

"I'm not actually sure," I say with a pause, "Amelia is the one planning."

"Well then, I'm sure you'll have the best night ever. Thank you for letting me sleepover at Georgia's!" She gives me a toothy smile and runs off to pack her bag.

"She proposes a good question, where are we going?"

"Hmmm..." Amelia ponders. "Maybe LavishLounge! It's a night club I haven't been to yet!" She shimmies her shoulders at me excitedly.

"I don't know, Amelia.. you know how I am about alcohol."

"You know i'm not one to pressure you, Athena. If you don't want to drink you don't have to, just let yourself have one night to yourself, okay?"

"Fine," I conclude. "But I don't have anything to wear."

She lifts up her bag, "Well good thing I brought enough clothes and accessories for both of us!!"

"Of course you did," I roll my eyes at her antics.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

949 words
To be continued..