Distraction

EVERETT POV

I hate annoying neighbors, I hate lousy employees, I hate when my coffee isn't made right, I hate disrespect. But most of all, I hate the idea of other people getting the chance to look at her in that short little skirt of hers. It isn't against work policy, in fact most of the girls who work here wear them. But none of them look as good as her.

I waited, my mind preoccupied with thoughts of her as I typed bullshit on my computer. I didn't even know what I was typing. I waited for her to come through that door at 6:48 on the dot, although she didn't start till 7.

Every day used to be so repetitive; clock in, go to a few meetings, clock out, maybe go to a club after work to pick up a whore if I was feeling bored. That was until my secretary informed me I would have a new assistant. I had fired my last one for not knowing how to do stupid shit, like take notes during one of my meetings. The one before that for always adding sugar to my coffee, every. fucking. time.

I assumed she wouldn't last a week. That was until I saw her. Athena Lynn. Her name fit her perfectly, I had thought. The goddess of wisdom and skills. She was a goddess, that was for sure. I knew I couldn't fire her even if she didn't have the abilities her name suggested.

She had me wrapped around her finger the first time she walked into my office and met my gaze, saying, "Hello Mr. Wallace, my name's Athena Lynn and i'm your new assistant," with that sickly sweet smile of hers. A smile that would guide me to my grave. She had stuck her hand out for me to shake, I looked at it for a second. The movement wasn't foreign to me, but my reaction was. I shook her hand firmly.

I hate being touched, that's another thing. Well, I should say hated. I hated touch until Athena Lynn touched my hand with her soft, creamy skin. I decided then and there that she was mine. She wasn't informed, although I never saw her talking to another man, not even at the coffee shop she works at after her shifts here.

I wasn't sure what kept her from falling over some days. She kept her composure at my company, but looked absolutely exhausted at the coffee shop. That was my perception through the security cameras, at least.

I sighed, looked at my computer and realized that the email I was writing turned into my thoughts about Athena. I needed to see her.

I got up and strode over to her office door, the one that often felt like a boundary between me and her. I wish she would just move her desk next to mine, even if it meant I would get nothing done. I pushed it open gently and looked at her, she was very concentrated on something on her computer and had gotten through about 1/4 of the pile I had given her. I could have done half of it, but I hoped it would keep her here longer. I disliked being away from her.

She hadn't seen me yet, which I was grateful for. I took her all in, from her brown hair with highlights of blonde all the way down to her slender legs and converse. Her outfit was ordinary, but on her, it for sure had to have been designed by only the best.

Her hair seemed to be up in a clip, but I longed for it to fall down her back like a beautiful river. i wished to wrap it around my fist and force her head back to-

A squeal broke me out of my thoughts. She quickly composed herself, clearing her throat.

"Erm, anything you need sir?" Fuck. I felt myself twitch in my pants at the choice of words she had used.

"Lunch. Go get me some, I'm buried in work." She deserved a break anyway from working so hard, such a good girl. It wasn't a lie, I was truly buried. Maybe her presence was what was making me not be able to focus.

She nodded, standing up from her chair. My eyes betrayed me as they flicked down to where her skirt had risen. If she didn't leave soon, she'd be bent over my desk.

"Words." I stated as she tried to walk past me. She tilted her head like a confused puppy.

I leaned down to her ear, "Use your words." She tried to hide the shudder that rocked her body, but it was too late as I had already seen. The corner of my lips quirked.

"I will, Mr. Wallace." She avoided eye contact, a habit I would have to break of her. With that, she hurried off to fulfill my command. So obedient.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

830 words

Things are getting interesting 👀

Come back to see what happens next!